Lining Problem in Ink Duct Roller

Your photo seems to show particles of dirt or dried ink under you ink fountain blade. Are you using segmented ink keys or a continuous flexible blade. The blade could also have tiny 'nicks' in it if someone has been using metal ink knives on it. Also could be your ink has a poor 'grind' Is the issue on all units or just the yellow? Is the Yellow the first down colour then it could be particle of paper stock getting in the ink fountain. How often do you wash/clean your ink fountains and blades?

That just looks like dirt....get them to dip out. And if your ink is causing the problem....get them to dip out.

Is this press a Mitsubushi? It looks like the fountain maintence is not being adhered to.

I think the point is that this is a Toyo senior ink tech trying to reach out in cyber space for tech help.

Why wouldn't you ask one of your fellow co-workers, field tech service reps., or distributors for assistance with trouble shooting on YOUR OWN PRODUCT. Surely there is someone out there in your corporate organization that you can lean on for support.

Would you like me to give you the local Toyo rep's (my competitor) number?

SERVICE ~ SERVICE ~ SERVICE.

I think the point is that this is a Toyo senior ink tech trying to reach out in cyber space for tech help.

Why wouldn't you ask one of your fellow co-workers, field tech service reps., or distributors for assistance with trouble shooting on YOUR OWN PRODUCT. Surely there is someone out there in your corporate organization that you can lean on for support.

Would you like me to give you the local Toyo rep's (my competitor) number?

SERVICE ~ SERVICE ~ SERVICE.

And this is why I will not buy Toyo Ink. If they can't figure out this problem among there own organization why would they resort to a public forum letting the whole world know.

Unbelievable !!!!

Unbelievable !!!!

Gentlemen and fellow Lithographers,

The Pressman should know what this problem IS, nevermind asking the Ink Technical Rep.

Every pressroom in the world as seen this problem ! - who hasn't had a sheet of paper

at sometime in the roller train ?

Never mind the finest of Ink Grind, it's just trapped debris between the ink slide/blade and ink duct face.

Regards, Alois

Last edited:
Hi there
There seems to be Dried, Hard Ink in the ink Duct liners. ensure that the rollers are kept clean and that they are free of paper particles that could build up. also ensure that the ink that goes into the duct is free of hard ink.
Change the Protective Foil and change ink duct liners every 40 hours.

It has already been said too many times before. You know?

I guess.... just buy the cheapest.

You'll get what you pay for.

D

I've seen the same thing on our Komori and Heidelberg. Sometime i think its fountain maintenance, then other times it looks like poor grind. What makes me believe it is poor grind, is that it comes and goes, never completely but not as bad. (Not Toyo Ink).

Let's make it clear.

TOYO has the ink, but TOYO does not have the SERVICE.

As a matter of fact the SERVICE is the key ingredient missing with most ink offerings in today's world.

It is hoped that this has not strayed too far off the thread topic, but again, it is worthy of repeating.

D

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back