Looking for a training poster

maltyne

I don't know if anyone remembers or even still has a copy of a poster that was posted on here about a year or 18 months ago. It was a great training aid where you had to spot printing terminology in a sinister looking poster. Things like feather, orphans, widows, gutter etc. If anyone does I would really appreciated a copy of it for a training programme I am developing. :):):)

Last edited:
You get printed ones for free (at least one could a while ago) it you finish the game. We've got one hanging in our office.

PS - Why are you posting in Gordo's RE:print forum?

Poster

Poster

Didn't realise I was posting into any particular forum??

Got the poster anyway, now just need all the answers??

MAL

Didn't realise I was posting into any particular forum??

Got the poster anyway, now just need all the answers??

MAL

Mal,

I would suggest posting answers in the topic thread that I posted, one answer is there...perhaps that will spark some intrest. As the original test is no longer available, I only have memory to go by and I was hoping that others would confirm my memory with hard answers...if enough folk came to a consensus, then the answer would be "more valid" than my single opinion (most are "obvious" and heavily biased towards typography). There may also be regional differences in some terms.

Stephen Marsh

Last edited:
I believe they were:

Bleed
Knockout
Die
Widow
Orphan
Font
Gutter
Alley
Ghost
Slug
Bullet
Dagger
Leaf
Body
Mask
Shadow
Arc
Gothic
Greek
Tombstoning
Rag
Feather
Knot
Gang
Break

Is that all of them?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back