looking for advice about a good "book binding machine"

brahim

Hello everyone,
I would like to buy a perfect book binding machine, I don't have a large volume of books to glue per day, but on the other hand I am looking for an excellent finishing, I prefer it to be manual (cheaper than automatic).
I took a look at Chinese machines that I found on the Alibaba site, but I'm a little scared about the quality, is there someone who uses these machines to give me some advice , or suggestions for certain machines. thank you.

Attachments

• 71TuKGlIR2L._AC_SX466_.jpg
    71TuKGlIR2L._AC_SX466_.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 320
  • 51nn5DrvUpL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
    51nn5DrvUpL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 360
Unless you are technically very competent, you want a machine that is commonplace for a reason, one that you can find technicians to work on, from a manufacturer that will support with parts, etc. Look to a used/refurbished Horizon, Duplo, etc.

You can't finish even a short-run job on those machines. Every piece will be different, which is undesirable. I would buy this one:

There are another such small, but automatized binder out there, the Sterling Digibinder. In Europe, you can find them occassionally under the name FKS 2000.

We recently purchased a Digibinder Plus SG and couldn't be happier. Paired with their Iglue, the bind strength on digitally printed stocks is stellar.

The machine is simple to use, deadly accurate, and repeatable. I felt it was a better product than the Duplo. Spiel was awesome to deal with as well.

You will find plenty of uses for it. I just did a small run this week of only 6 landscaped books that were too large to saddle stitch. The Digibinder worked great. All 6 were perfect -- even the first.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back