Looking for auto preflight, imposition, and preview software!

printonline

Hi All,

A prestigious commercial printing company in CA is establishing a subsidiary for E-commerce web-to-print (W2P).

We are looking for 1. auto preflight 2. auto imposition 3. preview software.

1. Auto Preflight
After customers' orders are downloaded to our server and before sent to our eletrionic pre-press department for layout process, the auto preflight system is able to detect mistakes.

2. Auto Imposition
When customers' orders of business cards, flyers, postcards, books, etc, are combined in a single printing form with many different sizes and multiple ups, and auto layout (imposition) program is necessary to do the job.

3. Preview
We are also trying to find any software or solutions that can help to set up a check point to preview customers' artworks before the fiels are sent to our layout department at the final stage.

If any, please send/reply us your suggestions. Thank you for your big help!

Good morning! I'd love to learn more about your specific needs and to show you what we can do with our inpO2 Automation module for automated web to print imposition. If you can email me, I can arrange for a webex to discuss it further and show you more specifics of what we can do. My email is below.

Also... you might want to look into Pitstop Server for your other preflight needs. I think a PDF workflow with Pitstop and possibly Enfocus Switch would give you most of what you're looking for. Of course, understanding more of your specific needs will be helpful in making recommendations. When we talk, I can hook you up with other vendors and people that could help you make a decision.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Sincerely,
Michael Reiher
Director of Sales and Marketing
Dynagram
[email protected]

you can find a reliable sollution at Xerox with FreeFLow suite. You can have in one system w2p, automatic imposition, automatic preflight, along with some other features (JDF communication, XML integration, etc)

Good luck.

A

Hi Printonline,

As we partner with Duplo, HP Indigo, InfoPrint and Xerox, to name a few, we have a great expertise in fully automated workflows. Our Impostrip On Demand series, including the latest Scalable Server Edition, is capable of fully automating the production of this site, while interacting with external components. This solution also fully integrate with popular workflows such as FreeFlow (our product is certified by Xerox), SmartStream (also certified) and Switch (also certified), to name a few.

We offer free consultations and our trial versions are complete and they are free.
If you need more details, please contact us.

Ray Duval
Ultimate Technographics

raymond @ imposition.com

Enterprise vs SaaS

Enterprise vs SaaS

This is a good thread. One of the first decisions to be made is; ownership. Does the PSP want to own or just rent the solution. Secondarily, does the print provider need to protect the solution, meaning, will it require a login (B2B) or will it be used in a 'retail' (B2C) manner. Beyond that, looking at how it will integrate into the daily workflow is key. Hopefully this helps you start your evaluations. I would strongly encourage you not to overlook the need to capture of course the templated items, but the 'one off requests', or 'custom job requests'. Since a print buyer wants what they want and are going to shop, you don't want to let them get away. Good Luck

Yale Rieck
[email protected]

We can do all of that with Enfocus PowerSWITCH with ultimately more flexibility than Xerox FreeFlow. We can integrate Quite Hot Imposing, Impostrip, Dynagram, callas, Enfocus, DMP (Digital Media Partners) Flo Server, Flo Media Publisher, etc. If you want to see what can be done feel free to give me a call and I'll show you some of what customers have done. It's really very open, very plug-and-play and very dynamic.

TribalSketch.com

TribalSketch.com

TribalSketch has workflow integration and xml data passing for backend integration.
One of the nicest new features is the I-Zoom high resolution remote zoomable proofing. There is a short 5 min video demonstration on our TribalSketch.com web site.

David Lewis
Lucid Dream

FlightCheck Professional v6.5 for Printers

FlightCheck Professional v6.5 for Printers

A little late on this post, but do not forget FlightCheck Professional v6.5. It is a desktop application and although scriptable to a degree, we have seen that preflight is often best a process done by humans, as it is both a science and an art.

Here is a a video demonstration of how it works, stand-alone, checking 50+ file formats from InDesign and QuarkXPress to Illustrator and PDF:

� FlightCheck Professional v6.5 new features and functions

More info from a user-
� Prepress systems administrator: “The best thing about FlightCheck today– it can be customized for your situation.”

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back