Looking for Densitometer/Plate reader -- X Rite or other

jpfulton248

We want to set tonal curve values on our platesetter and are in need of a BW plate reader / densitometer. Anybody selling a really inexpensive one?

A Must Have if you are calibrating your plates! We have two x-rite plate densitometers, both are ccDot, one is CTP10 and the other is CTP15 - both work CTP10 has all the instructions and the CD. the CTP15 does not. CTP10 was purchased in 2005 - the CTP15 Was acquired in a press purchase. Unfortunately these are not inexpensive devices. Would you care to make an offer? You can check on Ebay to see what they go for. PM me if you like

I actually ended up finding a REALLY old x-rite densitometer from ebay for $25 (so old x-rite doesn't acknowledge it on their support site). I cannot understand how much it has improved our quality in one week (and reduced a TON of back and forth between prepress and press).

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back