Lotem 800V Motor Drum won't stop fast enough.

metalsniper63

Hello, this is my first post here and actually i have seen a post similar to this one but it didn't have the answer i was looking for.

Well i work at a printing House in Durango, México and we have a Lotem 800V with a Brisque4 RIP. Up until recently the Lotem was working Fine, but about two weeks ago it started to show an error on the console that Says:

E --- Drum Motor Goto speed task TimeOut
E --- The task Drum Motor Go Speed Failed
E --- the task Unload Manager Task Failed
E --- Expose Task Failed.

It also showed an error that said:

E --- Cannot mount Plate on Drum exist

I don't get that error anymore because i'm sending 1 plate at a time, Cyan first, then i wait untill the error comes up and then i send the Magenta Plate and so On...

We brought a technician to check the machine and he checked the Voltage on every board and everything was Ok according to him, he said it may be the UMF Board and he left because we couldn't get the UMF Board here in México.

From what i saw in this Forum, that may be true (about the UMF board).

Right now i'm working a t a much slower pace (7 plates per hour) and it's mainly because i have to wait for the error to come up, then reset the machine, wait for the drum to stop and then Unload the plate (all from the console). Then i have to deselect the Plate and send the next one on the RIP.

SO if the Error comes up because the Drum doesn't stop on Time, ¿Is it any way to make the Goto Speed Task take a little longer (about 20 second longer) so the error doesn't happen??

Also, is there any way i could just Pre-load the plate and when i hit "Release" on the RIP it starts from the Pre-Load State??

This could be a temporal solution while i can get the UMF board.

I'm sorry for the long post and my English, I'm From México.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 282
Sounds like your problem is at the beginning of unload when the drum is supposed to start spinning backwards
1. Make sure the vibration detectors are high and not tripping
2. Try changing this values:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Scitex\Projects\LOTEM800V\IO OBJECTS\Loading System\Drum\Drum High Speed (mm/sec) - to 86 from default 200
In the same branch check if Drum Speed For Unload (mm/sec) is at 45 - try lowering it to 40
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Scitex\Projects\LOTEM800V\IO OBJECTS\Loading System\Unload Plate\Tolerance For Unload Motor (mm) default is 3 - try adjusting to 5

If the above do not help I suggest you to start by replacing MCF, then ELMO or better contact a kodak technician.

Thnk you for the reply. I'm sorry it was the MCF board. I'm still trying to get that Board, in the meantime i would like to Delay the time it takes for the DRUM to GO TO SPEED. i would like to know if i can change it to take 1 minute.

Thank you Leo, i will give this info to my boss.
I already modifiedthe Registry but without any luck, ay other Idea?? Is there any way i could modify the registry so the Task Got TO SPEED takes about a minute??

I already modifiedthe Registry but without any luck, ay other Idea?? Is there any way i could modify the registry so the Task Got TO SPEED takes about a minute??

Thanks metalsniper63, can you pm your contact details?

As far as I know this cannot be done - it is not a simple timeout - it is about the drum motor reaching a certain speed in a certain amount of time by applying the correct current, voltage, slip rate control following a predefined algorithm.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back