Low VOCs and metallics

dimitri

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone is aware of a solvent solution for UV metallics. We are currently using E-Cure 5.0 and it is doing a fairly good job in washing off our UV metallic inks, but in the months to come, in California where we are located, we won't be able to use that product. I think the VOC requirement is going to drop below 0.8%, which is extremely low, and E-Cure exceeds that.
As far as we know, there isn't an alternative product that can perform satisfactorily. We tested a couple, but they do not wash off the ink.

Any ideas/products that you use or are aware off and are happy with?
Does anyone know if a solvent recovery system would allow us to 'bypass' the 0.8% requirement and still use the product, since in the end we'll be producing fewer VOCs by such a technology?

Regards,
-Dimitri

We have several technologies for reducing VOC to the 1171 level (or Bay area 20 in your case. You can reply back to me for more information.

Rick Principato
President
Tower Products Inc.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back