LP68 Spraybar

eyetech

Just recently the motor that feeds the spraybar in the central washoff section has been running constantly. Short of switching the unit off after every plate run, I'm at a loss as to where the issue is. There doesn't seem to be any contactors in the system that I can see that might be stuck in the On position.

I've run the AndroDiags monitoring program and even setting the motor Lock to O it won't stop running. I have to turn power off at the main switch as even setting the unit to Inactive doesn't turn the motor off.

Any ideas welcome.

There is one of relays responsible for "Little Giant" wash-off pump.
Relay is located in the electronics box at the Power board U1, located under the Logic board as a sandwich.
I expect some burning traces around that relay.

Last edited:
There is one of relays responsible for "Little Giant" wash-off pump.
Relay is located in the electronics box at the Power board U1, located under the Logic board as a andwich.
I expect some burning traces around that relay.

Nothing to add! Except follow the relay on P25 Plug on U1 PCB. Some how the relay contacts are in closed position, power is on to the coil all the time or you have a short circuit on the PCB . Let us Know if you hear strange noise when the Circulating Wash Pump starts working at beginning of the cycle. Good Luck!

Last edited:
The relay seems fairly inaccessible, well to an untrained eye - and yes this morning when I turned the unit on there was a momentary unusual noise from the motor before it settled into normal noise.

The relay seems fairly inaccessible, well to an untrained eye - and yes this morning when I turned the unit on there was a momentary unusual noise from the motor before it settled into normal noise.

It isn't easy. Take the plugs, screws and Black Cover out. Take the Pcbs out. Take both PCBs (Sandwich board) apart. You will have access to Relay. I repaired the power Pcb( The lower one) many times.

Thanks for the info. Have you a part number for the relay?

Take the relay out to a local surplus store and ask for the one similar to that. They all will work nothing special about it. One more thing, All Plugs are marked so do not worry about marking them. You also have to unplug the Pcbs from inside of the box as well. Check the details and do not pull the PCBs out unless you are 100% sure it has been unplugged. Get somebody to help you and take your time. Good Luck!!

Let me know.

Last edited:
Take the relay out to a local surplus store and ask for the one similar to that. They all will work nothing special about it. One more thing, All Plugs are marked so do not worry about marking them. You also have to unplug the Pcbs from inside of the box as well. Get somebody to help you and take your time. Good Luck!!

Let me know.

One more thing. Look at the power pcb, do you see any trace of burn, if so, you can trace the lines and use a fairly thin wires(not too thin). Find the start and the end of burnt line and solder to wire in two points.

I am on SKYPE as well. Armyaservices1 is the ID. If you have a webcam, I will give you confident to repair the PCB and keep that $4000 cost in your bank account.
Also: [email protected]

Good luck!

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back