Magnetic Media for Laser

smo

Can anyone recommend some fairly heave magnetic media that we can run through an OKI colour laser?

The only stuff i have found is for inkjet, and is also paper thin, i really wanted something meatier!!!

I have some samples coming to me from Nekoosa called Magnecote. It's certified for the Kodak NexPress so I think there is a good chance it could work on my Xante or Xerox. There is another supplier but I can't remember the name... Myriad, I think.

Xerox also supplies a thick magnetic stock intended to run on the iGen, but I reckon will run on the Xante/Oki. Test it first.

Last edited:
Keith,
Be careful with the magnacote it won't take a lot of heat.

I thought the name Magnecote sounded familiar when the Xerox jammed on the first sheet- it did the same thing (left crap all over the fuser) when I tried it over a year ago on my Xante.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back