Magnus 400 using Agfa Azura Plates

RGPW17100

We have been informed by Kodak that the use of Agfa Azura plates is creating damage to the tweezers on our magnus. This has resulted in numerous service calls to Kodak. Curious if others using this combination is having the same issue. The only solutions Kodak has been able to come up with is to either switch plates or to train our prepress people on how to replace these tweezers. I guess the problem is from the slip sheets or the Teflon on the plates is eroding the tweezers away. Anybody else having this problem? My boss is looking at using the Presstek plate Aurora however what little information I have been able to find on this site about that plate is mainly negative. We have tried both Fuji pro T and Kodak thermal no process plates and were not happy with either due to faint image on plates, scratching and removal of the coating on press. Azura has been an awesome plate except for this issue.

Ask Kodak if they have certified the plate. If they have, then it should be up to them to correct the issue.

Agfa partnering with Kodak set us up with these plates after issues we had with the Kodak thermal plates. We have probably used almost 10 thousand plates on the machine but now it seems they are a problem. Between the slip sheets not separating and with the tweezers being eaten away I was hoping someone here on this site had similar experiences.

We have been informed by Kodak that the use of Agfa Azura plates is creating damage to the tweezers on our magnus. This has resulted in numerous service calls to Kodak. Curious if others using this combination is having the same issue. The only solutions Kodak has been able to come up with is to either switch plates or to train our prepress people on how to replace these tweezers. I guess the problem is from the slip sheets or the Teflon on the plates is eroding the tweezers away. Anybody else having this problem? My boss is looking at using the Presstek plate Aurora however what little information I have been able to find on this site about that plate is mainly negative. We have tried both Fuji pro T and Kodak thermal no process plates and were not happy with either due to faint image on plates, scratching and removal of the coating on press. Azura has been an awesome plate except for this issue.

Hello RGPW,

Have a look at CTP Printing System, Chemistry Free Plates, Compass - Presstek
and you will see that Aurora plates are used on the Compass CTP and you can make your mind up.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back