Making printer flats

rande

Anyone know an easy way to make printer flats? I need to match a complicated preps layout. It was done in printer spreads, but on this job I rec. single reader pages.
I thought you could make a book in indd. or do it in acrobat/pitstop?
Haven't figured it out yet.

thanks

You want to Impose a document.
InDesign includes a very basic feature: File > Print Booklet. It involves toggling from its primary Dialog to the Print Setup Dialog (from the button lower center) to define paper size, orientation, etc., You will not perform all the features built into a complicated preps layout (full disclaimer, I've never seen preps. or a full featured imposition manager)

Quite Imposing is a plug-in for Acrobat which has more features than InDesign and I have used it for years. I believe they offer a 30 day trial.

What you very likely will not accomplish with either is creep correction if the final signatures involve right angle folding. Also, you might not accomplish 8 page signatures. From either ID or Quite imposing you could create 2 page pdf spreads which you either:
- Place into ID to create larger sigs
- Use Quite Imposing to Rotate and Combine pdf spreads into larger spreads.

It gets tedious. Create a dummy

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back