man roland 300 Dampener Issues

fireplug55

No mater how we set the dampener rollers on this press we get water on the ends of our plates. We have paralleled dampener rollers and set them to MAN ROLAND specs.
No crowned roller on this press.
All new dampener rollers bearings and gears in the past six months.
Scumming down the middle and slinging water on the ends.

With the scumming I'd say test your fountain solution. With the water slinging maybe see if they have a squeegy or wiper attachment for the ends of the metering and chrome/distributor rollers.

edit:
Also, if you're running your waters too high to compensate for the scumming you may have a poor ink and water balance. Maybe strengthen your fountain solution, lower your water setting and push less ink.

Last edited:
we have always had this issue because the meters on our 300 dont skew. they are a pre determined skew and cant be changed.
if you are using an alc. sub use a soft metering roller (like 18 to 20 shore A) and set stripe on the water form to pan roller a little smaller and the metering roller a little tighter to the pan roller and then close the dials a little more than normal. you just have to run your settings in the computer a little higher. that's how we get it to go away on ours.

Check your pan roller it should be either matt chrome or ceramic. IF the matt chromeis worn off you run higher speed on your dampaner to bring more water and the ends of the matt chropme roller are not as worn which transpetrts more water that the form roller can take.
Recovering the pan roller with ceramic.Call Independent Graphic Services for a solution 630-561-2108

Sprial Meter Rollers

Sprial Meter Rollers

No mater how we set the dampener rollers on this press we get water on the ends of our plates. We have paralleled dampener rollers and set them to MAN ROLAND specs.
No crowned roller on this press.
All new dampener rollers bearings and gears in the past six months.
Scumming down the middle and slinging water on the ends.

I have the best solution for this press is Pamarco's Spiral Max roller. It's patented design allows water to easily flow uniformly across the surface. If you do not have a Pamarco representative, contact me and I will help you.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back