Markzware’s latest Q2ID now supports Windows

prwhite

Administrator
Staff member
Markzware has announced Windows support for the popular Quark To InDesign (Q2ID) InDesign CC 2019 1-Year Bundle. Q2ID also supports InDesign CC through CC 2019 and InDesign CS6 Mac/Win. InDesign CC 2019 Windows requires a minimum of Windows 10.

Q2ID is used by Graphic Designers across industries that have a need to convert QuarkXPress documents to Adobe InDesign, and don’t want to rebuild QuarkXPress documents from scratch.

Markzware will discontinue support for CS5.5 and CS5 Mac/Win with this release, although the CS5.5 and CS5 versions of Q2ID will still be available for download.

Annual Subscription rates can be found here.

Are there still that many people using Quark who need to convert files over to Indesign? Surprised there is still a market for this conversion software.

We've got a bunch of old Quark documents that have been reprinted for years, but every once in a while a customer will want to make a small change. It would be handy to have a converter for those situations.

We've got a bunch of old Quark documents that have been reprinted for years, but every once in a while a customer will want to make a small change. It would be handy to have a converter for those situations.

I just pushed to have everything reset in Indesign. Most jobs that would get a reorder were not complicated files, generally business cards, envelopes, letterhead, all easy enough to duplicate quickly. Thankfully it has now been a few years since that has even come up, think we might be finally and completely done with Quark.

Are there still that many people using Quark who need to convert files over to Indesign? Surprised there is still a market for this conversion software.

Our in house publishing department still uses Quark. We send the PDF's in house and to 2 other print companies and no one has a problem with the files. We also have adobe suite for commercial printing. Honestly, the publishing department hasn't ever been like wow, we can't do what we need to do and should switch.

Our in house publishing department still uses Quark. We send the PDF's in house and to 2 other print companies and no one has a problem with the files. We also have adobe suite for commercial printing. Honestly, the publishing department hasn't ever been like wow, we can't do what we need to do and should switch.

I think Quark is full featured, it was when I started. I just did not like the layout of the application, the way it handled files visually. I much prefer the UI of Indesign and did from the very start when I gave Indesign try after using Quark for a few years. Indesign just seemed to make sense for how my brain worked and I was much more productive because of it. I am just surprised as Adobe has really become the industry standard.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back