Masking Text in Indesign

MaWiE

Hi All,

I have a very difficult question here.

I need to do a variable data job with UPC on our Indigo ws4500 digital press.
We are using Yours truly Designer for Indesign CS3 to do our Variable Data jobs.
We are using a font named CODE UPC and conversions characters for the variable UPC numbers.

My problem is, the UPC font used have a certain height to it, but we only need the bottom part of the UPC and want to cut the rest out.
I cannot just put a white box over the part of the barcode we don't need because that white box will come over the other labels when doing the imposition.
Basically, I need to make something like a clipping mask for by barcode.

One other thing, even though I choose 0" to my bleed settings in the imposition of YTD plugin, the part of the UPC that comes out of the artboard is showing on top of the labels when doing the imposition.

I hope someone can help me.
I found a temporary fix to it, but really need to know how to do a clipping mask in indesign CS3.

Thank you

See attached .jpg and see if this is what you're looking for. All I did was create a photo box and cut and paste a text box into it so that the photo box would mask the text that I did not want visible.

Attachments

• text test.jpg
    text test.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 193
Select image that needs to be masked in InDesign and copy it. Then select the box (window) that you want your upc to go into and then go to the Edit menu and do a Paste Into.

crap... it worked for the masking part, but now my Variable Data is not working when I mask a part of the font. =(
Did someone came across this issue with Yours Truly Designer for Indesign?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back