Memjet Envelope Printer - Astrojet M1

A couple of more quick questions:

1. Do you find that you have to use special paper to achieve sufficient print quality (higher quality envelopes or letterhead? We are finding Mac Envelopes are smoother and run a bit better than Athens. Otherwise, no. Each stock prints differently though. You'll just have to experiment.

2. Do you find it cost effective to run other products, such as letterhead? I currently am still running letterhead offset because of toner "ghosting" when the customer ran it through their laser printers when I experimented on the Ricoh. Yes, we run customer letterhead on the machine. just know, you can't hit all colors. Reflex in particluar is hard.

3. Is there any real difference between the various manufacturers. All the hardware appears to be exactly the same but I don't know that it is. Also, is the RIP being designed by one company and then being licensed to the others? I really don't know the answer to this, I think the boxes are all the same. But thats about it.

Thanks again.

good luck

CJ

3. Is there any real difference between the various manufacturers. All the hardware appears to be exactly the same but I don't know that it is. Also, is the RIP being designed by one company and then being licensed to the others?

Thanks again.

Xitron makes the Navigator rip and they are owned by Printware LLC (aka iJetPress) All the hardware is coming from neopost/rena (same company now) Rena uses Printware's rip. Printware uses Rena's hardware.

Clear as mud!

We have the astrojet M-series, and the oddest thing: apparently we need to have it propped up beneath so the device is tilted in two different directions. I am new here and I never really asked why that was necessary, but wondered if anyone else knows about this?

Never heard of that. Ours is just on a table.
We have the astrojet M-series, and the oddest thing: apparently we need to have it propped up beneath so the device is tilted in two different directions. I am new here and I never really asked why that was necessary, but wondered if anyone else knows about this?

Qkarmark, it is important that the device is levelled. if this is not the case, the ink can start to mix in the cartridges, in the printhead and in the buffer boxes inside the printer. It can also happen that a 50% inkcartridge gets to empty level. Once it is flagged empty, there is no way to reuse it again.
If you checked that the device is standing levelled and you still have purple or red values in the toolbox, you can manually reset the level inside the printer.

Last edited:
There is a 2in thick pack of copy paper under one corner and a screw driver under the other adjacent corner. I don't think shims would work.
Also, I wish to introduce a new topic as well:we can't find the install discs for this machine and we need to install them on a different computer. Does anyone know how to get replacement discs????

There is a 2in thick pack of copy paper under one corner and a screw driver under the other adjacent corner. I don't think shims would work.
Also, I wish to introduce a new topic as well:we can't find the install discs for this machine and we need to install them on a different computer. Does anyone know how to get replacement discs????

QKarmark- There should not be a need to have the printer that dramatically tilted. Depending upon which version of Memjet press you have purchased, there should be an opportunity within the toolbox to 'zero tilt sensor'. keep in mind, the machine does not need to be level, the table that it sits on does. Beyond the ink levels and printhead mixing ink (which i havent heard of before) the resevoir system beneath the paperpath that wicks and removes over spray as well as purging and cleaning ink needs to be able to use gravity and a level table to drain appropriately. otherwise you could end up experiencing smudging as a result of ineffective draining.

Whoever the re-brander is of your current memjet machine should be able to provide you with another install disc. those arent a big secret. Just contact that company and ask for one to be mailed to you. a lot of times they even make them available for download through their website portals.

QKarmark- There should not be a need to have the printer that dramatically tilted. Depending upon which version of Memjet press you have purchased, there should be an opportunity within the toolbox to 'zero tilt sensor'. keep in mind, the machine does not need to be level, the table that it sits on does. Beyond the ink levels and printhead mixing ink (which i havent heard of before) the resevoir system beneath the paperpath that wicks and removes over spray as well as purging and cleaning ink needs to be able to use gravity and a level table to drain appropriately. otherwise you could end up experiencing smudging as a result of ineffective draining.

Whoever the re-brander is of your current memjet machine should be able to provide you with another install disc. those arent a big secret. Just contact that company and ask for one to be mailed to you. a lot of times they even make them available for download through their website portals.

You can even download the drivers, they are for free. I think what you need is proper after-sale-service, nothing more nothing less. I have had a case of a malfunctioning printer that was siting tilted for over a year just because the "specialized service guy" was not able to reset the tilt sensors.
Plus the owner never serviced the mainenance module.

Get a skilled service guy to look into your printer..

You can even download the drivers, they are for free. I think what you need is proper after-sale-service, nothing more nothing less. I have had a case of a malfunctioning printer that was siting tilted for over a year just because the "specialized service guy" was not able to reset the tilt sensors.
Plus the owner never serviced the mainenance module.

Get a skilled service guy to look into your printer..

for all the talk about the Ijetpress on this specific thread - it is worth noting that buying from a distributor of this machine who will not be providing service (like ijet) is NOT recommended. get with a company who is bringing this to market and SUPPORTING IT!
I would recommend the Formax over the IJetPress 8 days a week.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back