Methods to minimize paper waste?

Hello Hazel,

I suggest you read Gordo's post. ---- "This is why we are Doomed" then weep for all who live on this "Blue Planet"

Regards, Alois

Very funny Guys

This is how you're supposed to write spam:

"Anonymous has left a new comment:
Attractive section of content. I just stumbled upon your website and in accession capital to claim that I get in fact enjoyed account your weblog posts.
Anyway I will be subscribing in your feeds or even I success you get admission to persistently quickly."

[embed URL for dodgy site]

Or:

Sometime few educational blogs become very helpful while getting relevant and new information related to your targeted area.
The method of execution is really impressive of writers of this blog. This team does really work hard and brings new information to its readers. As I found this blog and appreciate the information delivered to my database. I am connected with this blog very long and I am really thankful."

Now that's professional spamming!

Sometime few educational blogs become very helpful while getting relevant and new information related to your targeted area.
The method of execution is really impressive of writers of this blog. This team does really work hard and brings new information to its readers. As I found this blog and appreciate the information delivered to my database. I am connected with this blog very long and I am really thankful."

Now that's professional spamming!"

Gordo, Excellent advice! I think these may be from actual spams that have been previously removed by our moderators. Hah!

It's typical of what I get apart from the message of love I get from women around the world who want to...oh, never mind :-{

Hey guys
I've been reading your comments.
Any ways reducing paper waste can help our environment in several ways.
It can reduce the recycling process too. We've to think on the plans to implement it
Thanks for your comments

Forget makeready. Sell 'em those sheets to, don't throw them away. Tell your customer it's for the planet, they'll understand. Industry standard is plus or minus ten percent for quantities, correct? Well let's change that. Forget printing extras and always print ten percent under. It's for the planet, they'll understand. You know what, while we're at it, instead of printing a thousand flyers, tell 'em to buy a thousand tablets and don't print anything. I mean, since we got rid of paper bags at the grocery stores, plastic bags have been so much better for the environment, right?

Why do people forget that trees grow and petroleum does not? When it comes to the environment, why do people pick on the printing industry? I'm not saying there isn't room for improvement. Why not pick on Apple or Samsung? They convince millions of people to throw away a functioning phone nearly annually for a phone that is slightly different. What sustainable materials are used in smartphone manufacturing?

When I first opened my shop, I stocked a lot of 100% recycled, made with windpower paper. Once the customer saw the price, they asked for the in-house or cheaper paper. Or I would lose bids. My point, hazelp, is that a lot of these environmental issues are consumer driven. They want to be as cool as everyone else as conveniently as possible. For example, toner versus ink. If I am correct, toner is made with petroleum. But our customers are demanding smaller runs with shorter turn around times. Press ink is soy-based, I believe? (Sorry, been a long time since I ran an offset press).

Keith,
Right on the nailhead. The hypocrisy of business (and society) is revealed every time the choice between cost and rectitude is posed.
A good chuckle and a bit to ponder. The minutiae of the day was relieved. Thanks, Keith !

Hi
You've nailed it, Keith. People need to be educated to protect our environment. It will help our next generation top. grow up nurturing our environment. They should be educated to live without destroying our natural resources.
Thanks everyone who had given positive feed backs regarding this.
Cheers

Make memo pads. When printing a job on a sheet size that will have enough blank space, add your logo and address. After printing, separate what will be the memo pads from the customers job, cut them down to needed size and turn them into memo pads for employee use or perhaps as customer giveaways.

pd

Last edited:
Make memo pads. When printing a job on a sheet size that will have enough blank space, add your logo and address. After printing, separate what will be the memo pads from the customers job, cut them down to needed size and turn them into memo pads for employee use or perhaps as customer giveaways.

pd

Good Suggestion PD
Thanks

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back