Micro Cell Question

tommrz

Before I open a call to support I thought I would post here. We have recently upgraded to HD. I am wanting to make plates that have the benefits of micro cell without the "effects" of the hd dot. What I mean is I do not want the scatter/hybrid dot in the highlights of ct images. Is this possible? We are a label printer so not much time was put into micro cell during installation as we were under the impression it was more for corrugated printers.

Yes, in HD Flexo Screening you can choose concrete HD Screen without HD Screning in highlights. Which version of HD Flexo Screening do you have?

Currently we are running HD 12.1 with a Nexus rip. We have AE 14 installed along with ImageEngine and will soon be switching over to HD 14. Is this option at the rip stage or at the HD Flexo Screening application? Thanks for the quick response.

It's option of HD Flexo Screening application of course because HD Flexo Screen like Agfa ABS Screening is table based type of screening and you just use it with basic variations like definition of lpi ruling and so on from PREDEFINED values which defined during CONCRETE Screening creation)) What concrete name of HD Flexo Screen are you trying to use now?

Hi Tommrz,
Yes you can select an HD dot with microcell only: you should typically install a dot from the "High Volume" section in HD Screens Installer and then you can select this dot in Nexus Manager. You can find more details in the documentation which is provided with HD Flexo or by calling Esko Support. Depending on your plate and specific printing application, Esko could give you further advice on which of the alternatives to select.
Regards,
David

Thanks guys for the help. My question has been answered and its now time to give esko a call.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back