Monthly Newsletter Printing Digital

Abew

I would like to get recommendation on the most economical paper for a monthly newsletter project printed on a Digital Press:

This is the specifications what the the cleint is asking:
Quantity: starting with 500 will definitely go up.
Finished size: 8 1/2 X11 [11X17 folded].
Starting with 20 Pages [5 11X17] more pages will be added as needed.
Cover and one spread [2 pages] colored, later on they want to use fully color.
Content will be mixed with text and images
Will be printed on a Xerox 700 with light production finisher.
Is there paper for digital like magazines are printed.

Thank you all in advance

I would like to get recommendation on the most economical paper for a monthly newsletter project printed on a Digital Press:

This is the specifications what the the cleint is asking:
Quantity: starting with 500 will definitely go up.
Finished size: 8 1/2 X11 [11X17 folded].
Starting with 20 Pages [5 11X17] more pages will be added as needed.
Cover and one spread [2 pages] colored, later on they want to use fully color.
Content will be mixed with text and images
Will be printed on a Xerox 700 with light production finisher.
Is there paper for digital like magazines are printed.

Thank you all in advance

To answer your question, "paper for digital, like magazines" would mean that you are looking for a coated sheet. Most magazines are ran on a very light 50# or 60# gloss. You do not want to run that light weight of a sheet digital so as stated above a 80# gloss would work good. I have used Sterling gloss or Endurance gloss on a Xerox 6060 in the past and they worked great! They are cheaper than Xerox papers and they are "digital sheets" and they are sold in 12"x18" sheets... I hope this helps!

If you're endevouring to save money on stock, don't forget to buy a pallette instead of one or two boxes to save on quantity and shipping.

We always use Futura 80lb gloss or silk for magazine style projects. There also might be a fair price difference depending on which stock you choose if you have to go up to 12x18 because you need bleed, but I'm not certain on that.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back