Morgana Autocreaser 'Crunch' message

gazfocus

I wonder if you knowledgeable lot can help. I've got a Morgana Autocreaser (the old style where the red screen is by the buttons). It's been in stored in a shipping container for the past 12 months (stupidly) and some of the rods inside have rusted (which is a separate issue).

I've bought it back inside and on powering it up, the system powers up fine, the compressor works ok, but the screen just displays 'Crunch' which I believe means it's detected a jam. If I hold the 'Set' lever all the way up (to Zero) then turn the compressor and system switches on, the rollers rotate but very slowly, then as soon as I let go of the 'Set' lever, the rollers stop.

I've had a look online and can't find anything that helps so just wondered if anyone has any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

If you see rust on the rollers it is probably everywhere else as well. I would tear the covers off and check everything from bearings to gears and see if it is moving freely and grease everything, I would have done that before even attempting to turn it on as it could strip the gears. Also pull those rods and sand them down to remove the rust and pitting and clean them up before using.

If you see rust on the rollers it is probably everywhere else as well. I would tear the covers off and check everything from bearings to gears and see if it is moving freely and grease everything, I would have done that before even attempting to turn it on as it could strip the gears. Also pull those rods and sand them down to remove the rust and pitting and clean them up before using.
Thanks @Shawnd, I did check elsewhere (currently covers are off), and the only rust is the 3 rods (two that have the feeding wheels and one behind it). They do seem to take some effort to move but I assume that's just the natural resistance of the gears. Other than that, they seem to be moving ok.

I have bought some wire wool to clean the rods up so will make that my mission over the next 48 hours.

Thanks

Edited to say, I am considering buying a Duplo DC-445 anyway but would still like to get this working.

We have the very same one. Make sure the catch tray is seated properly. If it's up a bit it won't run.

We have the very same one. Make sure the catch tray is seated properly. If it's up a bit it won't run.
Thanks. Yeah I (think) I checked that but will check again. I think while we work on fixing this we might go and buy a used Duplo DC-445 we've seen. Don't like throwing money away but need to get on with earning money haha.

Just an update, having had zero joy getting this working I ended up ordering a used Duplo DC-445. It's not in the best condition but it was a good buy I feel. When the company delivered the Duplo, they had a quick look at the Morgana for me and determined that there's an issue with the mainboard, the 'crunch' sensor and something else. He said it's be a day's work AT LEAST to get it working plus goodness knows how much in parts :(

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back