NDc barcode issues

amybest222

We do alot of pharmacutical work and we've created these NDC barcodes using barcode producer 6.6.1
For some reason
1 the numbers i enter are generating an extra zero at the end (not the code the client wants to scan).. the add on is automatically generated and is correct
2 the numbers are generating an extra zero and the add on is incorrect the client is suppying a 10 digit number including the add on

FYI NDC barcodes

FYI NDC barcodes

The support at Barcode Producer were nice enough to get back to me:
You can generate the correct barcode with Barcode Producer by entering "3" followed by the NDC (with dashes) into the content field. It is not necessary to enter the check digit as it will be computed automatically. As the dashes in NDC values have a special meaning, I would also recommend clicking the Advanced button and turning on the "Human Readable Text Under Guard Bars" option. This option allows the NDC value to be shown with the dashes.

We do alot of pharmacutical work and we've created these NDC barcodes using barcode producer 6.6.1
For some reason
1 the numbers i enter are generating an extra zero at the end (not the code the client wants to scan).. the add on is automatically generated and is correct
2 the numbers are generating an extra zero and the add on is incorrect the client is suppying a 10 digit number including the add on

The support at Barcode Producer were nice enough to get back to me:
You can generate the correct barcode with Barcode Producer by entering "3" followed by the NDC (with dashes) into the content field. It is not necessary to enter the check digit as it will be computed automatically. As the dashes in NDC values have a special meaning, I would also recommend clicking the Advanced button and turning on the "Human Readable Text Under Guard Bars" option. This option allows the NDC value to be shown with the dashes.
how to make sure it is a correct barcode generated?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back