Need help for Banner Printing! fuji Xerox DC V 5575

Hi guys, i need your help on my Fuji Xerox DC V 5575 that i just bought last monday.

my requirement is : 12.5x27" 80gsm paper banner size
5000 print a day.
small file : barcode only

my problem is the machine speed that i get is only 6ppm from my 5575 which is too slow. i can only print 2500 a day for 8 hours. :(
the engineer from xerox already test and video of my machine. i also talk to a tech agent from Malaysia helping me to change the option from heavyweight to plain paper but the result is still the same i only got 6pages per 1min. which is very slow i told her if the machine print 55ppm on A4 and 24ppm on A3 right! she said yes and its should at least print 10-12 on 12.5x27 on plain paper.

i need to double my time and work for 16hours just to finish 5000 prints.

hope someone can help me speed things up soon.:)

You said 12.5X27" (with a ") so I'm assuming inches? The website says its only capable of 12X18"....

Also, this isn't exactly a production machine. Its a multifunction device for an office. It says its capable of 50ppm color, which probably means 50 8.5x11 sheets a minute. A larger sheet will output slower.

I'd talk to your dealer and tell them what you are trying to do to see if they can steer you in the direction of the correct equipment. I'd start with this part of their site for production color printers:
Colour Production Printers & Digital Presses | Fuji Xerox Australia

To support my point above, you can see on my link that they list A4 and A3 paper sizes. PPM for A3 is generally half of A4.

Some of the "small" boxes can run an over sized sheet through the bypass tray. This option is not designed to run heavy volume like you are trying to do. It NEVER was intended to run more than a few sheets in this manner. You got what you got, there is nothing more you can do, the machine is not designed to run that size in a production mode.

You said 12.5X27" (with a ") so I'm assuming inches? The website says its only capable of 12X18"....

Also, this isn't exactly a production machine. Its a multifunction device for an office. It says its capable of 50ppm color, which probably means 50 8.5x11 sheets a minute. A larger sheet will output slower.

I'd talk to your dealer and tell them what you are trying to do to see if they can steer you in the direction of the correct equipment. I'd start with this part of their site for production color printers:
Colour Production Printers & Digital Presses | Fuji Xerox Australia

To support my point above, you can see on my link that they list A4 and A3 paper sizes. PPM for A3 is generally half of A4.
Hi thanks for the reply.
Yes 12.5x27" inches your right. But the agent told me that it can print banner and its also stated on the website support banner Printing.i also told them my Printing volume my 1st choice was a 4475 but i pick the 5575 just to make sure it can run faster.

I check the link you sent but there no production machine that can print banner size. My agent told me only the new model can support banner size which is the dc5575.
what should i do? :)

Some of the "small" boxes can run an over sized sheet through the bypass tray. This option is not designed to run heavy volume like you are trying to do. It NEVER was intended to run more than a few sheets in this manner. You got what you got, there is nothing more you can do, the machine is not designed to run that size in a production mode.

Yes your right. But before i got the dc5575 i tried the konica bizhub 282 which is 28ppm on A4 it print 6ppm on banner in baypass tray which same speed of dc5575. And tried the 454 and i got 10ppm on 12.5x27" .
So i was expecting same speed on 4475 and much faster on 5575.
10-12ppm is ok with me. But my problem the 6ppm that im having right now.
note: dc5575 can only handle 20-30 paper in baypass tray
Konica 454 100paper

Like you said im now looking for production machine that can print banner. konica c6000 i think is the one can do the job. Because c75 does not support banner printing.

I'll second what Craig said. If you're actually running this volume you need to look at something else.

Thanks. What can i do to my new dc5575? And fuji xerox does not have a production machine that support banner size? Please help.

This is my 2nd fuji xerox machine. i have a dc5580 and i print A3 on it and got 20ppm on 12.5x18" on plain paper. Which im very happy.

Yes your right. But before i got the dc5575 i tried the konica bizhub 282 which is 28ppm on A4 it print 6ppm on banner in baypass tray which same speed of dc5575. And tried the 454 and i got 10ppm on 12.5x27" .
So i was expecting same speed on 4475 and much faster on 5575.
10-12ppm is ok with me. But my problem the 6ppm that im having right now.
note: dc5575 can only handle 20-30 paper in baypass tray
Konica 454 100paper

Like you said im now looking for production machine that can print banner. konica c6000 i think is the one can do the job. Because c75 does not support banner printing.

Glad to know you are sourcing for production machines now. I believe the sales associate failed to fully understand your printing needs and requirement prior to your purchase. Otherwise the office series wouldn't have been in the picture in the first place.

You are right about Konica C6000 doing banner. Banding towards the tail-end of the banner is really bad, due to paper jerking as paper is too long and Konica has no solution to it. But then again, if you are just printing bar codes, I see no issues with that. You are, however, wrong about Konica being the only one doing banner, in production series. Ricoh's Pro C751 can print up to 13"x24.8" (330x630mm). In your case of 27", Ricoh has the Pro C5100/5110 (65/80 ppm), which prints banner up to 13"x49.6" (330x1260mm)

My last para is to offer you additional options when considering your next purchase. It's also my 2 cents' worth.

Glad to know you are sourcing for production machines now. I believe the sales associate failed to fully understand your printing needs and requirement prior to your purchase. Otherwise the office series wouldn't have been in the picture in the first place.

You are right about Konica C6000 doing banner. Banding towards the tail-end of the banner is really bad, due to paper jerking as paper is too long and Konica has no solution to it. But then again, if you are just printing bar codes, I see no issues with that. You are, however, wrong about Konica being the only one doing banner, in production series. Ricoh's Pro C751 can print up to 13"x24.8" (330x630mm). In your case of 27", Ricoh has the Pro C5100/5110 (65/80 ppm), which prints banner up to 13"x49.6" (330x1260mm)

My last para is to offer you additional options when considering your next purchase. It's also my 2 cents' worth.

yes i forgot ricoh also print banner thanks!

my agent from fuji xerox told me to buy another DC5575 for solution in my printing volume.
because still dont have answer on my problem right now.:mad:

and because they dont have production machine that can support banner printing!

it's a long shot but look at MGI 8700, I think it will support your needs. Though it is around $300,000.00 US.

it's a long shot but look at MGI 8700, I think it will support your needs. Though it is around $300,000.00 US.

thanks craig but its too much for me. konica c6000 i think will do.

but i end up with fuji xerox for being a loyal customer and thinking that there banner print machine 5575 is faster than the konica 454 which is x2 slower. hope fuji xerox engineer can find a way.
which my agent told me now they still waiting for solution.

or maybe a small web press like oki pro511dw with roll to sheet cutter,
you get cca 7200 sheets in 8h

Hello fitdynamite,

I am the Marketing Coordinator for MGI USA. If you would like I could have one of our Sales Managers get in touch with you to give you accurate pricing please let me know. We can print long format up to 40" and are also a multi-substrate press. Let me know if yo are interested!

Holly Haley
MGI USA

Thanks for the great help. I tried it and its working on my Fuji Xerox DC V 5575. However, I still encountered some errors printing with larger dimension. I usually just hand it over to SLB Printing especially the banners and tarpaulins.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back