Need help printing pantone spot colors in China

Thanks Gordo! Excellent advice!! The white paper that the pantone chip is printed on is definetly a different white than my packaging sample, so that is def part of the problem. First, How would I get my paper to match pantone's paper? Does Pantone make paper recommendations for printing their inks correctly? Also, the difference in paper color is not as great as the difference in ink color. So I have a suspician while the paper and laminate plays a role, their might be something else playing a role as well making the color different. What else could it be?

TMP,
You don't want to match your paper stock to paNtone's paper stock. What you need to do is send your paper stock to your ink supplier and have them match the pMS color on your stock. Hopefully, you have an ink supplier that still does this type of thing. It is called Service. I really wonder any more if the ink companies are still providing this rather simple service to help with printers' processes and success. If not, the substitute for cheap priced ink is a very poor alternative. D

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back