need help with Chemistry-free plates plzzzzz

Chemistry Free Plates

Chemistry Free Plates

Mariam,

Welcome to PrintPlanet. First are you looking for information on Thermal or Violet technologies? And second, are you looking for general or specific information to purchase "chemistry free" plates that are available in your region?

- Derek@Kodak

thx
well im looking 4 both in general
diffrence between them
how it woks
main parts of the equipment
how imaging is done
kind of laser used

Chemistry Free Plates

Chemistry Free Plates

Miriam,

To get you started both Kodak and Fuji have develop on press technology that does not use a processor or plate chemistry. Kodak has Thermal Direct Non Process Plates and Fuji has Brillia HD Pro-T2 plates. Both of these could be called "chemistry Free"

Presstek has a series of thermal plates (Aurora Pro, Anthem Pro and Freedom Pro) that require a only water wash before printing so these are also "chemistry free".

Agfa has Azura TS, which claims "chemistry free" but those who compete against the Azura claim that the gum used with Azura plates isa chemical and thus can't be "chemistry free". Agfa also has a" chemistry free" Violet Solution

There are others on the market, but that list should get you started. I am sure that there is information available from each supplier to explain how the technology works.

Hope this helps.

- Derek@Kodak

oh thx sir
really im greatfull for u

if u can help me in layers of TDP of kodak
or how imaging take place??

Mariam:

Here's an interesting press release about Azura's success in Japan.

AGFA.com - AGFA is celebrating Japan's 250th installation of :Azura TS printing plates at Hiroshima-based Aoba Printing.

It gives cause to wonder why its success, in a market that is certainly not our "home",
vs. the on-press clean-out approach Derek writes about.

Also of interest is Agfa's Q3 results published today.

AGFA.com - Agfa-Gevaert reports third quarter results - Regulated information

It's interesting to compare this within the greater context of the graphic arts market.

Regards,

Last edited:
Moi !

Moi !

I also read this discussing. I think that it not easy find information chemistry free systems, because is so much different systems. And also what tecnologie is not very expensive but quality is good!
Also our company try find chemistry free plate system. "Computer to plate". But not yet find it!

Also used is ok. Last week one dealer offer tu us Glut/Jensen inkjet plate printer, but i think that it is not very good ?? Only inkjet do to plates! No very good system?
I am also interest read more discussing this matter.

Myths, I wonder !

Myths, I wonder !

Hello Mariam also Mauri,

Gentlemen I suggest you read the PDFs I have posted in the Sheetfed Discussion,

"Chemistry and CtP - fact or Myth?"

Regards, Alois

Last edited:
Plates

Plates

Thanks Alois reply. But i do not find your PDF reoly ?
What mean your reply:

read the PDFs I have posted in the Sheetfed Discussion

Sorry my English is not very good!.

Do you mean that your reply is Sheetfeld area this same "PrintPlanet" site ?

Mauri

Hello
Sorry for my bad english
I have ecrm violet ctp i use normal plates with chemestry.
I want to use chemestry free Plates but i don t Know if i must change setting in the ctp
Please. Help

OK WELL
can u give me short notice about ur ecrm violet ctp
plz

about ur question
ithink that u have to change the system !!
have no info. about it but i think so

Marouane,
You may need to replace the density filter inside the ctp and you will definitely need to make some modifications to the plate processor. Depending on the processor type/brand, you may need to replace it altogether with a suitable cleaning unit. It's best to contact your local ecrm dealer he knows exactly what to tell you based on the existing configuration.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back