Need Preps help

JimBob53

Registered Users
We presently use Preps 5.3.3 (build 595) with Prinergy Evo v 5.1.6.5. with a Magnus 400 II Plate setter.

I am at wits end trying to get the 'job name' and 'side' to print on the plates. I have tried several different code combinations with no good results. I have searched the web and tried several suggestions, but no luck. (I get date and colors with no problem.)
Thought I would see if anyone out there has a possible solution.

Thanks in advance for you assistance.
:confused:

Last edited:
Is this something that has worked before but doesn't now or have you not used the Text Mark in Preps before?

And are you referring to the code combo of $JOBNAME $SIG that isn't working?

Have you tried bringing it to the front?

Sorry if these suggestions have already been tried or seem 101.

Thanks,

Erik

Thanks for the response!

The $JOBNAME $SIG does not work as several other combinations that have been tried. Yes, bring to the front has been tried. It fact it does not leave the space blank it prints "$JOBNAME" "$SIG" "$SIDE" and so on.

Sounds like a Prinergy thing, of which I have no experience with.

Gotta be someone on this forum that has ran into this.

Anyways, good luck!

Erik

Do you have that information filled in in the Job Notes dialog?

Was this working before in the prior version of Preps you were using?

Al

Preps 5.3.3 with Prinergy

Preps 5.3.3 with Prinergy

this is the slug line we are using. Are you using smart marks?
thsi is the first $[compound_Sig:_%Sig%_%SL%_Color:_%COLOR%]
this is the second $[compound_%Jobname%_%ImpPlanName%_Linescreen:_%SR%_Date:_%Date%_Time:_%Time%]
Hope this helps we have no problems with the slug lines....
BTW we are using Prinergy 5.2 :)

this is the slug line we are using. Are you using smart marks?
thsi is the first $[compound_Sig:_%Sig%_%SL%_Color:_%COLOR%]
this is the second $[compound_%Jobname%_%ImpPlanName%_Linescreen:_%SR%_Date:_%Date%_Time:_%Time%]
Hope this helps we have no problems with the slug lines....
BTW we are using Prinergy 5.2 :)

Just in case you need to know your slug line tag also works in Preps 5.3. It works great!
Thanks!!!

Blessings!

Preps 5.3.3 with Prinergy … $[compound_Sig:_%Sig%_%SL%_Color:_%COLOR%]

outstanding … first i have read about compound variables … was becoming frustrated with how the $sig$side variable was mislabeling multiple sections within one sig … your formula worked perfectly. hi-five.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back