Need Small Run Machine

rossimage

Hello,

I am a newbie to this forum and also into the print community. I run a photo lab and online ordering photo site. We have traditional silver based photo printing minilabs however we are looking to produce 5x7 folding cards , various size multiple page calendars, postcards, business cards, posters, brochures and also the pages for photo albums that we are using the unibind system. Maybe a few color or black & white copies for walk-ins.

I have been looking into the dry lab / duplex printers from Noritsu and HP but don't think I need the photo producing part of the system as my printer produces great photos. I am really need for duplex printer. I have found a used Canon C1 (very cheap ) printer. I spoke with Canon Business Services and they offer to send a tech to inspect the used machine and said they could set me up on a service and click rate. I also looked at Canon's C1 Plus. I had a demo at CBS but the sales guys couldn't use the machine to what I brought in for samples and need for me to come in again when their graphic person is in house. I have contacted Xerox and Koinca Minlota however it been over a week and no return calls.

Are budget is pretty low and would love to get a used machine and would love to hear what route we should go for our low run store. Speed is it not an issue and we would using heavy stock for the cards and coated stock for albums and other services. I would be willing to get a starter machine and if everything went well upgrade in a couple of years.

Thanks for any help you could give

Mike

Where are you located?

I have a Xerox DC3535. It has about half a million clicks on it. It is about 6-7 years old, but still pumps out nice color. I do not use it very often anymore, but sometimes I run envelopes through tit with great success. What kind of volumes are you talking about? This machine will run a max size of 12.5x18 out of the offset tray. It will run all stocks from the 4 regular trays, anything heavy wiehgt runs through the offset tray. It has scan and copy features that work pretty well. The service contract is pretty reasonable. I can send you more onfo if you are interested.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back