Neo 2.1.1 or 2.0.1?

SIMON C

Hi Everyone!,

I am interested to know what the differences are between Neo 2.1.1 (just released) and version 2.0.1.

Are there just gerneral stability fixes...? or new tools/functions?

I know I could just download the demo, but my bandwidth is sooo small and sooo slooow, it would take ages to complete the download, so it's quicker just to ask the question!

Cheers

Simon

Hi Jeff
What sort of new functions are we talking about?

Hey Simon, I was kind of wrong. The new functionality was added in Neo 2.1. Then Neo 2.1 was replaced in the download center with Neo 2.1.1 due to a major bug found in 2.1.

This is straight from the "Changelog_neo_2.1.1_ENG" that I got from the download center (see attachment)

• Integrated Shuttle 3.0
• New user interface
• Parameter Assistant which allows to re-send jobs to a workflow with the same public parameters as
on the previous run
• Show Job Relations (only with Odystar 4.0.0 and later)
• Quick Look for jobs
• Support for multiple servers
• Automatic resubmit into workflow when opening a file from a workflow via Shuttle - modify - save
• Separation updating -better handling when spot colour equivalents are not consistent with Librarian database, or with earlier definitions used during the same Neo session
• Support for more image formats for placed images
Tools:
• Names of tools made consistent with Adobe products, Illustrator in particular New shortcuts for most tools
• Guide Tool
• Pen Tool improved
• Transparency settings no longer automatically applied to new objects
• Import “difference” files from Odystar 4.0.0 and later, which e.g. allows to visualize differences between 2 versions of a file in a versioning workflow
• PitStop Browse “errors & warnings” in PitStop Reports
• Action Lists and Profiles has better handling for when an Action List or PDF Profile from a newer library is imported into Neo
• Spelling checking for more languages
• “Quit & Release licenses” button renamed and moved to “About” window
• Flattener has new option “Convert PS blends”

Attachments

• Changelog_neo_2.1.1_ENG.pdf
    256.6 KB · Views: 190

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back