New here - Need Opinions

Kevin James

Hello there, I am new to these forums and have a few questions.

I work for a marketing company that has decided to bring our direct mail printing in-house. We have a deal with a local mail house to cut and stuff the mail for us, all we have to do is print it and give it to them.

The printing process for us will include printing addresses, barcodes and mail tray labels. We get our mailing lists from InfoUSA, and they are cleaned up with the NCOA before we even get the list.

I use indesign to produce our mail pieces, but have no problem exporting to a static 1 page PDF then adding the variable data from another piece of software, but would be nice to do it all in indesign. We have purchased a Konica Minolta 1050 and should have it delivered next week.

Ah ok, so here are my main questions:

I am on a trial of Bulk Mailer Professional, but it seems to be over kill for what we are doing. We do not have to do anything fancy, all the mail we send out is pretty much exactly the same, just different addresses and postal barcodes. Is there a more cost effective alternative to this program?

What software is recommended from start to finish for this type of job? We get the list, need to generate barcodes, then print it 3-up on a 8.5x11 or 6-up on a 11x17, in the correct cut stack order for the mail house.

So many questions I know! Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back