New Install - Ricoh Pro C7110SX

To run envelopes you need to disable skew detect, double feed detect, and enable "deactivate image position adjustment" if you have done that and are still having envelopes jam post the jam code (look for JXXX at the top of the jam screen) I am sure the local tech will be able to help too.

No Title

Attachments

• photo5193.jpg
    photo5193.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 340
I've had the machine for several month now and it's pretty good once you get the hang of it... It's mainly paper settings and how you setup the job that you need to get ready for. For example never run textured paper in banner format as the ink will not adhere properly. Try going to a smaller sheet and you will get better results on textured paper... The main strength of this machine is registration I think. We've been surprised by how well this machine gets registration accurately... Although when the sheet is banner format registration becomes tricky to achieve.

Yea, the registration has been spot on so far, the guys on the cutter are amazed how every time the blade goes down it is right on the marks. Night and day difference from the Xerox 700, just sayin.

we have the printer just for 2 weeks, so fare / perfect registration - no need some extra setup - just put the paper to library and it works :) front to back perfect tight, huge different to old X700. Yesterday we had done job 300 x 500 mm, sizes that we would normally have to sent to offset print. Well it was done in just 10 minutes :))) Our tech was playing with some gold foil lamination today, looks promising - basically its like you print black than run it through lamination with foil (gold, silver, etc.) and the black toner transfer it to paper. Its really nice application. So fare vary lucky and i love it :))

Mscotty can you please explain the process of doing this digitally and what finishing machines are required.

Will explain deeply when I see our tech by beginning of 2016. So fare I know, all you need is lamination machine and foil that react with black taner, what I have been told, the producer of foil strictly recommend Ricoh print :)

Ahh ok, so this has nothing to do with the machine, this is a step taken after printing. I didn't know if this was some new type of clear/white toner that was being developed.

the producer of foil strictly recommend Ricoh print

We have already tried it with our 9110, which I think uses the same toner as the 71xx, you run jobs using a 4 colour black then run it through a machine that looks a bit like a encapsulator but with a role of special coloured film on it that sticks to the toner. Our machine is a FT-10, I cannot remember who makes it but there is youtube footage. The number of colours is quite limited but it does mean you can run variable data without spending a fortune on plates and making a job way to expensive to do.
It doesn't look quite as nice as proper hot foiling using plates but our clients like it.

Hello newmprint.dk
Please let me know how you arranged to have the Buffer Pass Unit installed Free. I am going through the same issues, with blocking/bricking plus skewed coated sheets when making books. It is a really bad problem. My own local service company does not even know what a Buffer Pass Unit is! I am shocked that these C5100s Pro's can be sold with so little knowledge of how they really work. Kind of leaves the operator in a lurch.
If there was a cost, does anyone know how much a Buffer Pass Unit is for a C5100s Pro? That is what I have.
They wanted to install a fan unit today, which they thought was the pass unit. I told them forget it, that isn't what I had asked for. Now we are back to the same problems. Very frustrating and very time consuming.

Hi Shawnd, no the Pass Unit was not even present when the tech wanted to put a fan in place. Apparently the one he had mounted to the side of the finisher? I've never heard of this before.

Hello newmprint.dk
Please let me know how you arranged to have the Buffer Pass Unit installed Free. I am going through the same issues, with blocking/bricking plus skewed coated sheets when making books. It is a really bad problem. My own local service company does not even know what a Buffer Pass Unit is! I am shocked that these C5100s Pro's can be sold with so little knowledge of how they really work. Kind of leaves the operator in a lurch.
If there was a cost, does anyone know how much a Buffer Pass Unit is for a C5100s Pro? That is what I have.
They wanted to install a fan unit today, which they thought was the pass unit. I told them forget it, that isn't what I had asked for. Now we are back to the same problems. Very frustrating and very time consuming.

That fan that goes on the outside of the finisher takes care of the bricking just fine. The only option on the 7110 is the bufferpass unit that external fan is not available.

Last edited:
Msaeger, thank you for the response, I posted a new thread, asking about the finisher gathering sheets for a booklet, and the sheets getting skewed, then folding skewed and stapling skewed. The post is in the Digital Printing Discussion area if you might know if that's common or not. Thanks.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back