New Printer from XEROX

So in studying the teaser video it looks like it is based on the 75 imaging system but with a beefed up fuser (maybe a x1000 fuser belt instead of roller), a cooling area like the X1000, and then the standard finishing options.

The drums look to be identical to the 75 series drums so I would assume a similar developer and toner dispensing system.

I was told that it would be announced next week and that it would be below the Xerox 1000, but above the J75.

My guess is that it will be in the 85ppm speed range.

I was told that it would be announced next week and that it would be below the Xerox 1000, but above the J75.

My guess is that it will be in the 85ppm speed range.
Might be 100 ppm machine to up to 300 gsm paper and 80 gms from 300+ with some other technology taken from the xerox 1000

and the price is... drumroll please....

So my guess is that it will follow a similar pricing scheme as the 8080 that it was replacing. The list of the 8080 was $250k, in reality they sold for $175,000, plus a server $75,000 plus a feeder and a stacker $30k each. Putting the total price at about $300,000.

The press release indicated that order taking would start in July. Anyone know average delivery time?

-MailGuru

If you signed a deal July 1st it would be installed by end of August I would assume. That would follow a similar schedule that they did with the 800/1000.

I need everyone's input here - PLEASE !!!!!

We currently have a DC-8002 and, a DC-8000AP.

The lease on the AP is up in June. We are days away from signing for an XC-1000 (which
arosetti is correct - with RIP is around $400k)

Should we hold on the committment to see what the offer would be on the Versant, and, maybe go that way?

Since it is a new release, should we go ahead with the 1000 and wait until the Versant 2100 has been in the field for a while?

What do y'all think? What would YOU do?

Thanks, everyone!

-Best

MailGuru

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back