New to Embossing...

Alith7

I have a bunch of questions about embossing for anyone who knows.

We have die cutting and converting in house, and the owner decided he wanted to branch into embossing and bought a press and had our die cutters trained on how to run it. that's all great. Now I have to order dies and I am clueless!

basically, I'm looking for someone to help me the basic information required to order dies, concerns for different paper types, etc. I understand that you can't teach me ALL the ins and outs of embossing, but if there is general direction you can point me to help me start figuring all this out, it would be a huge help!

Thank you!

The die supplier will have a lot of insights. Most vendors will be happy to talk with you for a short while and answer any questions that you have.

unfortunately, there is only one embosser in our area, and this would be helping us take business away from them...

Thank you though.

no idea either....

We were looking at one company, but they just make the dies per supplied specs, they couldn't really offer any insight on how to pick those specs...

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back