new version question time again

rbailleu

with cs 5 out I wonder how long it will be before a new version of meta signa and ppm will be. I am going to gues released in july installed by november.

I don't know that it matters so much. Acrobat will not be changing.
--
with cs 5 out I wonder how long it will be before a new version of meta signa and ppm will be. I am going to gues released in july installed by november.[/QUOTE]

I don't think Prinect releases are tied to CS in any way.
They are tied to Adobe PDF Print engine updates, as far as I know.
But I think you are right about timing as based on previous releases, July-November timing makes sense.
I also heard from someone that there will be big update by the end of the year.

I was told end of the year as well which may end up being next january. also a couple years ago I was told everytime they come out with a new adobe and quark they had to tweek things with atleast a few minor updates. which is why I was wondering if now would be a good time to have a major update. I see your point with acrobat not updating though.

I would venture a guess for the next release of Prinect in late summer. Before that a new service release for 4.5 should come out.

The new version (5.0?) will include some packages that had to be licensed separately before, like SignaStation Server and Auto Job Importer.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back