new version question time.

rbailleu

so its sunday and I am bored. did some windows updates on the servers and cleaned out the suprasetters cou. now searching for info on new versions of ppm, signa and meta.

we are running 2011 still and wondered if any one has heard if 2012 is out, or 2013 is coming, or as usual 2012 is coming in 2013.

heidelberg treats me like a mushroom. keeps me in the dark and feeds me crap.

2012 is done and they will start deploying it very soon to everybody, it is that time of the year :)
They keep everyone in dark, it's by design.
Many times I wished they were more open, but than Apple is the same way, sometimes companies try to do everything to keep the product/info proprietary as much as possible.
I wonder if more exposure would be bad or good.

I think a printing equipment supplier should ought be better at communications. thanks for the information.

We received kit too.
Now onto next problem, this upgrade is 64 bit and we need to upgrade hardware first :(

Hi Guys,

We were able to go 32 or 64 bit with Version 10 and 11 but 12 is 64 bit only. On the positive side, 64 bit does not have the 4 gig ram limit that 32 bit has and in general is more efficient and faster so expect a performance increase over 32 bit. We are currently shipping the 620 platform with 16 gigs of Ram running Windows 2008 R2 SP1.

Take care,

Mark

we just have the tech come out and install everything, so maybe thats why they are waiting. being 4 hours out is tough on the install guys. i prefer not to be the first to run the software. its always nice to get the first patches installed with the software.

Has anyone experience with virtualization of the Prinect Workflow? We're currently planing to upgrade our Hardware and virtualization ist one option (with own Hardware, not bought from Heidelberg).

Operating Systems supported (Prinect 2012): Mac OS 10.6-10.8, Windows: XP Pro, Win7 64 bit, Windows 2008 64 bit, 2008 R2 64 bit. Preferred one: Windows 7 64 bit.

Has anyone experience with virtualization of the Prinect Workflow? We're currently planing to upgrade our Hardware and virtualization ist one option (with own Hardware, not bought from Heidelberg).

No experience yet but we are looking at same option.
Heidelberg supports it for sure but they have their requirements for virtual system, ask Heidelberg tech to get you sys requirement sheet for virtualization.

I already have some basic informations from Heidelberg, every VM needs:

8 CPUs, 8 GB RAM, Windows 2008 Server R2 englisch 64 bit (aktueller Patchlevel)

Four operating system licenses are needed (Prepress Manager will run in a VM too); Host Server will have 2 6-core CPUs, 64 GB RAM, lots of hard disks. I'm really curious if it works without problems...

another quick question for a small user. are the cockpit workstations required to be 64 bit now as well. I have one thats not up to speed. also on ppi are we going to have to upgrade to windows 7 64 bit. if so I will have to by a new usb card reader/writer.

another quick question for a small user. are the cockpit workstations required to be 64 bit now as well. I have one thats not up to speed.

Supported: Mac OS 10.6 + 10.8, XP Pro, Windows 2008 64 bit + 2008 R2 64 bit. Preferred: Mac OS 10.7 or Windows 7 64 bit.

also on ppi are we going to have to upgrade to windows 7 64 bit. if so I will have to by a new usb card reader/writer.

Supported: XP Pro, Windows 2008 64 bit + 2008 R2 64 bit. Tolerated: Vista, Windows 7 32 bit, Windows 2003 32 bit, 2003 R2 32 bit, Preferred: Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back