Nexus 9

kev234

Does the new version of Nexus RIP support the Epson 9900. If it does not come with a print driver for it, is there a place where we could download the driver to use?

Thanks

Sorry to hop aboard your question Kev but I was about to ask just about the same thing. Can I, or should I, drive a 9900 from a Nexus RIP or do I need to go the GMG, EFI etc. route

Thanks as well

I will try and answerer both.

The 9900 is not directly supported. My guess is you can print to it using the 9800 Nexus Driver.

Esko / Artworks has never been good at driving output devices. Your best bet is to go with another solution for driving your printer. Your going to have a much better proof.

Last edited:
Unsupported printers

Unsupported printers

For non-supported (e.g. Epson) printers EAW suggest going via FlexProof.
Although pricey, it gives you vastly better control over calibration, profiling, editing profiles and custom colours, than what plain Nexus ever could.
Believe me, I've seen it. Personally, I used to be an AWS fanboy. Now I am a convert... :eek:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back