Non abrasive fluid for cleaning impression drum

blanket wash and water on a press rag, along with lots of elbow grease. Im assuming your cylinders are chrome. You could also try the above mentioned stuff with a well soaked press rag with a scotchbrite pad wrapped around the rag.

Scotch trite can scratch chrome cylinders so I would not recommend it. Check with your supply salesman; many suppliers sell chrome cleaning solutions made specially for press cylinders. If it is not serious, metal plate cleaner might work. a more serious condition might take liquid soft-scrub cleanser or soft scrub powdered cleanser with water. If you use a solvent to remove ink buildup, be sure to clean and condition the chrome with a chrome cylinder conditioner to keep it resistant to ink, paper dust and sizings. I have seen it so bad that you couldn't get a good impression due to the uneven buildup from paper dust, sizings, ink and powder. That took hours to get it off.

Scotch trite can scratch chrome cylinders so I would not recommend it. Check with your supply salesman; many suppliers sell chrome cleaning solutions made specially for press cylinders. If it is not serious, metal plate cleaner might work. a more serious condition might take liquid soft-scrub cleanser or soft scrub powdered cleanser with water. If you use a solvent to remove ink buildup, be sure to clean and condition the chrome with a chrome cylinder conditioner to keep it resistant to ink, paper dust and sizings. I have seen it so bad that you couldn't get a good impression due to the uneven buildup from paper dust, sizings, ink and powder. That took hours to get it off.

as long as you keep the press rag nice and wet scotchbrite will not scratch chrome, provided that the chrome is of high quality. Its when you allow things to dry out that you risk that happening. Same premise as wet sanding a painted finish, although even the finest sandpaper is probably more abrasive then a scotch brite pad

After you clean your impression cylinder, apply SILLI SLIP to it to prevent build-up. Works great and will serve multiple purposes in the pressroom, as well.

1; warm water, especially for paper dust. 2; water miscible blanket wash. 3; I've used 000 grade steel wool wet with blanket wash. Don't know if it's recommended but it worked for me.

We used to clean with Blanket wash 1st then with the paint thinner or benzene. Works well. Scotchbrite for heavy build up.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back