Numbered Forms Printing On 2 Part NCR from 2 Supply Trays on Xerox

Scott_Purdon

Hello Everyone;

I have a situation where I want to run some numbered forms to 2 part NCR paper.
Here's the issue...

I have a form that needs to be numbered from 1 to 1000. This was done using Printshop Pro software, piece of cake. The problem I have is that the stock Im printing on is 2 part NCR. Again, piece of cake. Our client has specified non traditional NCR colours for use on their job, blue and pink. We had to order NCR stock that does not come collated, in other words the stock is in need of collating.

I want to load one colour of stock in one tray and the other colour of stock in the other tray. When I print I want to be able to print one form on the blue and then the pink so that the stock comes out of the machine colllated. In other words, I want Form 001 to print on the pink and then Form 001 to print on the blue, Form 002 to print on the pink and Form 002 to print on the blue and so on.

We're using a Xerox Nuvera 100 and the print driver does not allow us to specify odd or even pages in the Special Pages feature.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. We have over 85,000 forms to print and the thought of hand collating this job is overwhelming.

thanks in advance

Change your numbers so your job is 1,2,3, etc. (not 1,1,2,2,3,3) then tell it to print 2 copies, grouped.Then print from tray 2, and tell it to insert a cover that will be printed on the front side from tray 1.

Some paper suppliers offer collating service, if yours doesn't then find a print shop in your area and ask them to reverse collate the NCR for you before printing.

Even if you managed to print from 2 different trays, that will slow down the machine heavily.

It will take you ages to print them all.

I dont know how much numbering you do, but, if you do alot, you can pickup a Rollem or one of many numbering devices on the market for a song in this economy. It's worth it. It takes us about 5- 8 minutes or less to number 1000 forms with our Graphic Whizard unit. Good Luck.

We hand coallate runs like that all of the time shouldn't take all that long . . . we recently had to hand fold some wine bottleneckers got a hold of some friends invited them over for a football game and did them while we watched the game - work got done - we all had a great time . . . no problem

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back