Nuvera 100 vs. 4127

arossetti

We are in negotiations with xerox and looking to switch our mid-production b.w. Nuvera 100's with 4127's. Or thats an idea thrown out to us. We do tab work, and mostly document printing. What are some positives and negatives, anyone have figures on lease prices on a 4127?

I had a 4110 and tabs did not work the same way. It didn't auto kick out unused tabs in a bank instead you had to use them (Like placing the unused tabs at the end of the set ) then remove them after the job is printed. I would urge you to witness the machine do tabs in person because sales reps are just reading off a sheet that tells them that the machine will do tabs, it just doesn't go into detail how. It is possible this got fixed with the newer model, but I would check this out with my own eyes first.

I would also recommend testing the TABS application first to see if it meets your needs.

Feedback on the 4127? We've found it incredibly reliable so far, but we're only doing a couple of hundred thousand A3 clicks a month on it, so not really pushing it hard. Excellent print quality, but the sheets are a bit wavy. Very pleased with it to date (we've only had it a few months).

I had a 4112

PROs:
Paper size.
It's a workhorse, expecially whit the high cap. feed. [last month 150.000 click on 13 x 19.2 inches whitout a stop].

CONs:
Front to back..yes, xerox have to work on it [not only on 4112/4127].
And yes, sheets are a little bit wavy.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back