Nuvera (EA) End Of Life?

lfelton

Hi all. We have a 6 year old Nuvera EA 144 with a not huge click count (purchased not leased). We just got a letter from Xerox UK telling us that The Nuvera is End Of Life "because spare parts and consumables for the machines in question are no longer available". We have 60 days to make alternative arrangements.

Since Xerox moved us (and I think most UK printers) from direct sales to the reseller channel, we're treated like mushrooms. Does anyone know WTAF is going on at Xerox? How can you EOL a current generation production print machine? Are they going bust / getting out of production print? Is it something to do with the Fuji break up?

Has everyone else been getting letters like this or are we special?

Any info you have to share would be interesting! Oh, and now might not be a great time to buy a Xerox production machine?

My Xerox C75 can no longer be used by Command Workstation as of v6.6. As to your challenge, Canon's BW toner machines have a great reputation, so that may be a direction to look. I have no idea how good their support is in your area though.

Xerox EOL machines every 6 to 10 years. That said, Nuvera IOT hardware is the same from one generation to the next, the only difference is the controller. So technically, anyone repairing a current gen Nuvera, should be able to keep yours running.

I'm here in the USA, and I've got two of the same model. I haven't heard anything about EOL yet. 3rd parties should be around to service them, but licensing may be an issue/annual expense.

FYI - Canon/Oce has EOL'ed equipment on me before. Challenge has a support timetable on their site. It's not only Xerox.

@lfelton - would you be able to share the first three characters of your Nuvera's serial number? I mentioned this thread to my Xerox tech today, and his only thought was that it may be an earlier mod version that's end of life.

Hi all. We have a 6 year old Nuvera EA 144 with a not huge click count (purchased not leased). We just got a letter from Xerox UK telling us that The Nuvera is End Of Life "because spare parts and consumables for the machines in question are no longer available". We have 60 days to make alternative arrangements.

Since Xerox moved us (and I think most UK printers) from direct sales to the reseller channel, we're treated like mushrooms. Does anyone know WTAF is going on at Xerox? How can you EOL a current generation production print machine? Are they going bust / getting out of production print? Is it something to do with the Fuji break up?

Has everyone else been getting letters like this or are we special?

Any info you have to share would be interesting! Oh, and now might not be a great time to buy a Xerox production machine?
Maybe this is a Zerographic-led ploy to force your hand? Especially if there is an inkjet sale at the end of it. There's hundreds of Nuveras out there.

I'm here in the USA, and I've got two of the same model. I haven't heard anything about EOL yet. 3rd parties should be around to service them, but licensing may be an issue/annual expense.
Do you know how to resolve the licence issue, please? Can use 3rd party software?

@lfelton - would you be able to share the first three characters of your Nuvera's serial number? I mentioned this thread to my Xerox tech today, and his only thought was that it may be an earlier mod version that's end of life.

Sorry Stickman42, I don't visit the forum very often anymore. I'll try and get that information for you before the old machine leaves the factory.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back