OdyStar

dcon61

We are looking for a new workflow and OdyStar is one we are considering. Does anyone have input as to what is good or bad about this workflow?

Great workflow from Odystar

Great workflow from Odystar

I've been using over a year and love it. So far, we can customize any automation we wanted and it's been solid stable because it's using OSX server. Support from EskoArtwork is very good and got response the same day we request it. I have more than 20 users using it daily. Not to mention it can handle PDF 1.7.

We have been an Odystar user for 19 months. Was rough at first as we were Brisque users for many years, but after a few months, we really liked it. Very fast, very open and flexible.

Only complaint I have about it from time to time is the RIP gateway will fail to chew through a PDF file going to plate or proofing. Successfully RIPs 99% of the documents we throw at it, but that 1% that will not process can be a bit of a pain going through work-arounds, flattening, etc. EskoArtworks support will log it as a bug and I assume it's resolved at some point with updates.

I also like the fact it runs on a Mac OS server platform. Stable.
Will be upgrading to version 4 next week!

Mike

Odystar

Odystar

We have been using Odystar for about 15 months. We felt it was definitely better than anything else we looked at and after using it, we know it was a great fit for everything we do. We are a "hybrid" shop - offset and digital production equipment, and it handles both environments well. It feeds to all of our RIP's nicely and we have automated a lot of tasks that really save us time in prepress. You will also not find better support from any software vendor, at least not any that I have seen yet.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back