OKI pro900DP vs. Xante Ilumina GS

prajna

I am considering purchasing a dedicated digital envelope press for short run envelope work. I have a few questions that I can't seem to get clear answers on.

1) I am told Xante chips their toners, meaning that have to be purchased from Xante directly, and will obviously cost more. But now I am told by OKI that their toner for the Pro series are chipped as well. Anybody know if this is true?

2) Then I read that some people have found workarounds for this with refillable toner and re-setting or re-chipping somehow? A Google search for OKI pro900DP toner comes up empty. Anybody with experience in this arena? Did it perhaps only work on previous models?

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

All good questions that have been discussed in past forums many times, at least the part on toner refills and resetting the chips. Do a search. Good luck.

Thank you Happy. I'm certainly familiar with the search feature, and I know "Google is my friend", etc. But I've found nothing helpful in previous posts, which is why I then posted.

If you re-read my questions, they are specific to the OKI pro series, and whether these toners are in fact 1) chipped, and whether these 2) can be re-filled specifically, or is it only with previous models. I have found nothing here on PP relating to the pro series, nor in extensive online searching, that answer either of these two questions specifically. Every response I find online relating to the pro toner (whether here or out on the wonderful web) comes up dead. If I am overlooking a previous post(s) that could help me, perhaps you could direct me there? What I am trying to find out is if I decide on the OKI pro900DP, would I have a way to mitigate my consumable costs down the road, or am I then beholden to the overpriced, proprietary replacements.

You can re-chip the Xante toners, they have a few companies that you can order the refill toner and chips from. Not sure about the Oki Pro Series nor do I think that has been discussed in this forum.

Thank you Arossetti. I'm beginning to wonder if the OKI pro series is too new and third party suppliers haven't had time to get consumables into the pipeline just yet.

There are no chips for the 900 Series, even though it is just a reincarnated model 9800. Email me privately and I will offer some ideas.

Dave

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back