Oki's new proColor 510DW

Has anyone seen Oki's new digital colour web press?

You can see the PDf here on Okidata's website http://www.okidata.com/mkt/downloads/proColor510.pdf

Seems like an amazing concept. The engine driving this seems to be a tried and tested cut sheet engine that has been modified to feed converted and uncoverted label stock and more. Seems like it can feed cut sheet too.

This machine is not here in Europe yet and I would be keen to hear from anybody on the other side of the pond who has any more details or thoughts.

Thanks in advance

Thank you for your interest in the OKI proColor(tm) Series. My name is Rich Egert and I oversee the graphic arts and production division within OKI Data Americas. We developed this line of products to be innovative. These models are not replacement products, but rather devices that allow businesses in the graphic arts and production market to engage in new opportunities.

The compact and easy-to-operate pro510DW supports paper, labels and various tag stocks and includes automatic cut and reload between print jobs to eliminate operator intervention. The product is ideal for printing short-run quantities with the option to print sequential or variable data. Unlike anything else in the market, you could print 1,000 labels and no-two would look the same.

Currently, the proColor(tm) Series is only available in the U.S. However, we are reviewing interest in various markets. If the series becomes available in other markets an official company announcement will be made.

Warm regards,
Rich Egert, Strategic Technology Providers, General Manager for OKI Data Americas.

My Aching Back

My Aching Back

Nice concept. To bad you have to open the door and get down on all fours to load the rolls. :(

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back