on-line binding?

chourmo

Hi!
The task of my unit is to produce brochures and booklets for the promotion dept.
We do everything in-house, from photographs to publishing, printing and finishing, with only one man (I work on texts and lend a hand when possible).
Currently we have a Xerox DC5252 + off-line finishers but we are close to the end of the lease contract and we are looking for new solutions.
We had a look at XEROX DocuColor 5000AP, RICOH PRO C900 and KONICA MINOLTA BIZHUB 6501e/eP (and soon we'll see the new 6000).
Since printing productivity is not our main requirement (we print small volumes, around 150.000/year) and the bottle-neck is always in the finishing phase, we are attracted by on-line solutions, like KM 6000 + Staple finisher (FS-521) and Perfect Binder (PB-502).
Do you have any suggestions?
Any problems experienced with PB-502?
Thanks,
Alberto

What kind of binding do you want to do ? perfect bind, saddle stitch, coils, something else ?

How many pages are the books you want to produce ?

Hi!
The task of my unit is to produce brochures and booklets for the promotion dept.
We do everything in-house, from photographs to publishing, printing and finishing, with only one man (I work on texts and lend a hand when possible).

Hi Alberto:

Just wondering, if you do everything in-house does it get too hectic especially during this season???

Thanks!

Hi Amazing! Are you kidding?!? Sure, it does get hyper-hectic!
Currently we are working at the new Annual Report, the Social responsibility report, several brochures, photo album, business cards (...plus website restyling but this does not imply printing)!
That's why we are trying to improve the automation of the finishing phase. But we are worried about the reliability of on-line perfect binders... so I'm looking for the opinion of experienced people!
Bye,

alberto

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back