Open PDF's at 100%

bluskool

I am sick of PDF's opening at sizes other than the actual size. I can't find anything in preferences that will allow you to open PDF's at the actual size by default. I check the restore view settings so I don't have to do it everytime, but I want all new docs to open at 100%. I was thinking I could write a script to do it. Anyone else annoyed by this? Thoughts? Suggestions?

Dan R.

Re: Open PDF's at 100%

Does the ZOOM feature not do what you are asking? See attached image.

These settings work for me. If I superpose a color laser print of my PDF (printed at 100%) to the actual PDF in Acrobat on my 30" Apple monitor, size is pretty much dead on.

Preferences->Page Display->Default Layout and Zoom.

However, any given PDF may contain specific instructions that tell the viewer to OVERRIDE that setting for the particular document. There is no way for you to reject that - the document (and it's author) are always right.

Leonard

Thanks guys. I clicked on zoom so many times and I never noticed that there was a scroll bar on the side. I thought the only choices were the first 5 that show up. Man, I feel dumb...

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back