OPS online print solutions

jay12345

Hello everyone,

Is anyone using this? If so what are you thoughts about the product and would you have purchased something else.

I to would like to know your reasonings to STEER CLEAR of OPS. I have been running ops for the last 4 months or so, and find it an exellent piece of software for my needs.

Pabney, what modules do you have? We are very interested in the triggered marketing campaigns so we are looking at the full boat. Do you use any backend integrations with it (prinergy, satori, etc)

We just have order desk and open canvas modules. We are strictly using it for B2B corporate branded items. And sorry, but we do not have it integrated with any backend systems. Though I have talked to some others on this board somewhere, that are doing just that. Maybe they will chime in soon.

paul

One of the reasons we went with ops was the non saas option. Did not want that data any where else but here. I would say support ranges from good to excellent depending on who get the ticket and how complete your support ticket is. Do I think the software has some issues, sure, but what software doesn't. Are there features I would like to see added, again sure, but they have something in place for that. Overall I am happy with our purchase.

Paul

That sounds about right for what they have. If you add v-web w/ vdp, emails and purls you can double that number.

To expand on my earlier post, our experience with OPS [nearly a year] has been nothing short of horrible. The software is garbage, and the support is even worse. We've had several dozen serious failures of the core systems, and twice that many lesser concerns. We have support requests for major flaws and oversights that are still unresolved after nine months, have received several unfulfilled promises and have repeatedly been outright ignored. The software is so buggy and unrefined that it feels like a very early beta, and even if everything were working perfectly, the user experience would fall very far short of modern expectations for even modest ecommerce solutions. Our conclusion has been that OPS has put together a suite of services each of which "sort of" works - when you put them all together it sounds valuable, enough so that they were able to attract a major distributor [Kodak], but once you get into the nuts and bolts it completely falls flat. What they offer may be passable for small clients with small customers, but they simply aren't ready to be a serious player in the up-and-coming web-to-print and campaign integration games - and they don't seem to be in a hurry to get there. I would advise anyone who wishes to implement W2P and integrated email/web campaigns on anything more than a very limited scale to not waste your money on OPS.

Hello

We have been using OPS for the past 2 years and we have been very satisfied with them. We had press sense Iway before and we found OPS to be much better in service and features. With any software you are going to have some difficulties because it hasn’t been customized for one individual’s needs and wants. What was the issues you where having?

I have been using OPS for about three years - just the basic module and looking at the support contract costs vs return have decided to cancel the support. I was wondering if there would be any interest in a user based forum where we could exchange information and support????

I would be very interested, I have been thinking the very same thing. I have even went so far as to look at some of the open source forum software to host on my site, but I have never done anything like that before. So count me in if this gets started. I would love a user to user forum for this software.

Paul

I never reccomend calcelling support. I've heard a lot of stories about various companies making users backpay every year they skipped before they will help you with your current problem. Plus you will not get any of the software updates or bugfixes that come with it during that time.

We switched from Iway to OPS several years ago. OPS has been a great product. We get a majority of our stationery (letterhead, envelope, business card...) orders via OPS. It saves us tons of time, letting the client order and proof online. There are a few things that we wish it did a little better, but overall, we are very happy with it.

I don't plan on canceling my support anytime soon, but I still like the idea of a user based forum.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back