OPS system

Quan Nim

Has anyone used the OPS online web to print system? We are using this system to built store fronts and so far, I think it's pretty good. I was wondering if anyone else has used it and / or if they are using a different (perhaps better) one.

Thanks
Quan

Hi Quan,

My company been an OPS user for a few years now and we just love the system. After switching from using a home-grown system and then Four51 for a while, the OPS system really has lived up to it's promise. We purchased all modules and use it regularly for more than 700+ users and have over 2000+ templates in the system. The thing that set OPS apart from all others for us was not needing a 3rd party application during the template creation process. You could go from the native application right to the system and completely skip that step.

How is your experience going?

Thanks,
Mike C

Ops

Ops

Hello,
We were a early adopter of the OPS system when we started our digital print business. I had worked for a large group of printers who wrote their own solution and knew that there had to be a better way. OPS allowed us to brand as many sites (without additional cost) and completely control the process of template building. There are no "transaction fees" associated with ongoing support either as some other solutions wanted us to pay. Our original installations were B2B, but now we are working on retail sites for specific vertical markets. The entire suite of products is very versatile. Some knowledge of web-based programming is helpful. Overall it's help our business significantly. Hope this helps.

Dan F.

Thanks For The Input

Thanks For The Input

Thanks for the input you two. So far, I'm pleased with OPS, but there are still some things lacking. For instance, you can't change the pricing on a template based on a user selected field (ie. types of paper). This seems important for a retail site. I'm relatively new to OPS so perhaps I don't know what to do to accomplish this.

All the other software packages that I found all have holes in them. In comparison, OPS is by far the best. Just wondering if there were any others that I'm not aware of.

Thanks for your responses.

OPS Pricing

OPS Pricing

Quan,
I saw your post about pricing changing dependent upon paper selection. If you have the OPS module called Nextjob you can do this.

I have seen other software companies focusing on all retail, but I haven't been happy with their support pricing as they want transactional percentages of sales. Seems like a bad idea to share in the wealth of my success where the risk is higher for me as the printer.

Thanks Dan. We have Nextjob and it doesn't quite fulfill our needs. Nexjob doesn't behave like Templates. Our customer needs to be fill out information (ie. Templates). Using Nextjob, the user only uploads files, so they would need to have the print ready job available.

Again, I'm relatively new to OPS so perhaps I'm not using Nextjob correctly. If so, a little help would be appreciated.

Thanks again.
Quan

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back