Order pricing calculator

voinco

Hi folks - new here and learning quite a bit in the forums.

We've expanded our web design business into print some time ago and are looking for an updating online order calculator that we can integrate into our site.

The customer should be able to:

- Select the product
- Size
- Paper
- Color options (front, back, etc.)
- Quantity
- Misc options depending on product selected
- Shipping

We are looking for a standalone solution and do not want to rely on third parties, subscription options or web hosting solutions.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

What...

What...

What platform will you be using it on i.e. Windows or Mac?

Does your company have a budget for a custom solution?

Regards,
<Michael/>

Hi folks - new here and learning quite a bit in the forums.

We've expanded our web design business into print some time ago and are looking for an updating online order calculator that we can integrate into our site.

The customer should be able to:

- Select the product
- Size
- Paper
- Color options (front, back, etc.)
- Quantity
- Misc options depending on product selected
- Shipping

We are looking for a standalone solution and do not want to rely on third parties, subscription options or web hosting solutions.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

basically, if you don't want to rely on a third party vendor, find and hire a programer. Print pricing is extremely complicated, that is why there are so many companies out there offering a "solution".

Are you looking a eveloper to code it? PM me if so, I work for a print firm and develop all our software inhouse. I can help with it from both angles. I am not sure how your looking this if you dont want to rely on third parties?

... if you don't want to rely on a third party vendor, find and hire a programer. Print pricing is extremely complicated, that is why there are so many companies out there offering a "solution".

Couldn't agree more, Alith7. For vertical applications such as printing, there is no open source. It's either pay as you go, or pay up front for the services of a programmer. One caveat for voinco: Before you start interviewing coders, bring deep pockets. As Alith7 said, print pricing is complicated. Even the Free Edition of Morning Flight contains more than half a million lines of handwritten code.

As an end user, I have some experience with “web to nowhere” online pricing/order systems. The best that I could do was take a screen shot of the online order, as there was no tie in with the MIS system.

As a vendor, I am happy to show an alternative solution, that offers a great MIS package with an online hosted website, with live bi-directional communication from MIS to Web/Web to MIS (including table based or live price calculations) - for less money than many vendors are offering for custom programming to nowhere or a off the shelf webstore to nowhere.

Accura Print Estimating - Order Processing - Job Costing - Stock Control - CRM - The Print MIS System of Choice

Stephen Marsh

We have a pretty nice and advanced system (calculator and custom calculator quote request)

You are welcome to contact me if you want more info.

as this has mostly been responses that are company plugs, I thought I'd actually respond with an unbiased opinion.

The programmer we hired is affordable, and very good. He also has one of the best file uploader scripts I've ever seen.
Web Apps, Custom Web Programming, Web Design, Interactive Websites - Encodable Industries
his scripts tend to be more for the lightly web development capable, but he will also set-up and run everything for you if you don't know about scripting.

The MIS system that we use is Presidio from Printer's Software.
Printers Software Inc - Print Management Software - Print Estimating - Print Job Costing- Print MIS
We have tried almost all of them, excepting the insanely expensive ones, and they have the most scalable modular system. As well as being super affordable. They have a month-month license/support package that is great. and their customer support is fantastic.
once our website is up, they will work with my programmer to integrate our custom built web store into the MIS system.

Hopefully this is helpful.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back