OS with FlexRip

Victor

System requirement on the ESKO website.
Operating system : Microsoft Windows 2000 Server, Standard Edition (SP4), Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Standard Edition or Enterprise Edition (SP1 and R2 and SP2).

Can I run Flexrip7 on Microsoft Windows 2008 Server, Standard Edition.
I use a PHIFAC interface board for flexrip to barco imagesetter.

Does anyone know of a OS Windows 2008 server compatible with FlexRip?

System requirement on the ESKO website.
Operating system : Microsoft Windows 2000 Server, Standard Edition (SP4), Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Standard Edition or Enterprise Edition (SP1 and R2 and SP2).

Hi Victor,

FlexRip on Windows Server 2008 x86 will be supported in ESS7 R6.
Wheter it will support x64 and/or the new Windows Server 2008 R2 i'm not sure.

64 bit support has been a long whish from us.

Regards,
D

FlexRip on Windows Server 2008 x86 will be supported in ESS7 R6.

Doh - Windows 2008 server will not be supported in ESS7 R6.
Windows 2008 server x86 will definitely be supported in the following release, R7. At the same time we hope to have support for 2008 server x64, but I cannot definitely promise it yet.

Victor,
Your PHIFAC hardware will not be supported on 2008 server - its driver is not compatible with newer versions of Windows. Please contact your local Esko Artwork support to discuss your upgrade path, or pm me and I can pass your details on to the right people.

Regards
David Harris - Product Manager RIPs and Screening, Esko Artwork

Doh - Windows 2008 server will not be supported in ESS7 R6.
Windows 2008 server x86 will definitely be supported in the following release, R7. At the same time we hope to have support for 2008 server x64, but I cannot definitely promise it yet.

Victor,
Your PHIFAC hardware will not be supported on 2008 server - its driver is not compatible with newer versions of Windows. Please contact your local Esko Artwork support to discuss your upgrade path, or pm me and I can pass your details on to the right people.

Regards
David Harris - Product Manager RIPs and Screening, Esko Artwork

Hi David,
Flexrip v7r7 will be support windows 2008 x64 that you hope.

You mean that flexrip rip's adobe ps/pdf kernel will support x64 OS ?
And,Packedge v7r7 will be support windows xp x64 ? they are same adobe
ps/pdf kernel ,right ?

Thanks for your reply!

maxmini

I've been talking with the local Esko. They advice to down grade Microsoft Windows 2008 Server to 2003 Server because our hardware too old. Interface card is not compatible with new operating system 2008.

I will install MS 2003 Server for make sure that does not cause conflicts with othaer devices.

Thanks to everyone here for your help.

Regards,
Vic

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back