Pantone Colour Manager Expired

keith1

Hi Group,

I haven't opened Pantone Colour Manager for a month or more. Last time I did all was good. Now I'm getting a message on all the Pantone + swatches (the ones I want & use) that access has expired. I don't understand this at all. The software is up to date and activated. I just don't get it.

I suppose I could uninstall & reinstall and that may help, but to me, this is just a weird thing. Has anyone else come across this?
The window where the colours usually appear contains the 'expired' notice with a representation of a clock face.
The message goes on to say 'Check your Pantone LIVE status and try again. When I open the Pantone LIVE menu the only option is 'check for updates'. It is up to date. Very odd.

The GEO swatches seem to work. Skin Tones work. Cotton is expired????

Thanks,
Keith

This information comes from Pantone tech support-

To correct this issue you need to do the following:

MAC users:

1. Go to Macintosh HD/Users/(username)/ Library* /Application Support/PANTONE/PantoneColorManager

2. From the above location, delete the 'PantoneLIVE' folder

3. Restart PANTONE Color Manager. You will see notice that the PANTONE Fan Deck libraries are out of date; click on 'click here' to start the update process.

4. Click 'update' when prompted to apply the updates. The problem will be resolved.

*Under Mac OSX 10.9, aka Mavericks, the Library folder is hidden. You will need to adjust your System Preferences to view hidden files.

-Go to your Hard Disk

-User

-User name (you) Folder

-Hold command key

-Click on Go Menu

-Select Go to Folder

-Release command key

-Box will pop up. Type in library

-Click on the Go button. Contents of Library folder will be displayed.

WINDOWS Users:

1. Go to C:\Users|(username)\AppData**\Roaming\PANTONE\PantoneColorManager

2. From the above directory, delete the 'PantoneLIVE' folder

3. Restart PANTONE Color Manager. You will see notice that the PANTONE Fan Deck libraries are out of date; click on 'click here' to start the update process.

4. Click 'update' when prompted to apply the updates. The problem will be resolved.

**AppData is a hidden file; you will need to adjust your Folder Options to view hidden files and folders.

Brilliant!! Thank you so much. All is good now and I will flag your message for future reference.

Keith

Thanks for this. I had wondered what was up.

Stephen, I can't replicate that Go menu trick on my Mac?

Thanks for this. I had wondered what was up.

Stephen, I can't replicate that Go menu trick on my Mac?

In addition to holding down OPT before pulling down the Go menu, once the Go menu is down, one can also press OPT to reveal the Library directory.

This may be OS specific, perhaps older OS versions don’t offer this?

Stephen Marsh

If you want the Library folder to be visible at all times, you can go into Terminal and type the following command:

chflags nohidden ~/Library/

Best regards,
pd

Hi guys,

I am a mac user (MAC OS 10.7.5) and I am having trouble with Pantone Color Manager.

Its been a while since I last launch the Pantone Color Manger software
and now I'm getting a message with a stop clock saying:
Your access to palette ‘Pantone + Solid Coated V2 has expired.
You will be not be able to use palette ‘Pantone + Solid Coated V2’
until access is restored. Verify your PantoneLive status and try again.

Has anyone encounter this problem?

I’ve re installed the program, checked the update and the
PANTONE Color Manager 2.1.0 is currently the newest version.
But I am still getting the same message.

I tried to look for the PantoneLive folder and I can’t seem to
find it anywhere on my computer.

The only location I could find the Pantone Color Manager is in
My HD > Application Folder > Pantone Color Manager Launch Software.

Can anyone please give me some advice or tips.

Many thanks in advance.

Lynn

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back