Pantone issue in QRK 6 and 7

Re: Pantone issue in QRK 6 and 7

At least with CS3, one has to manually choose color bridge library to get color bridge numbers, so numbers aren't just "changing" without someone knowing. I think.

Don

> {quote:title=macdudeken wrote:}{quote}
> when pantone colors are created in v6 and 7, they separate differently when converting to CMYK. This happens EVEN when I have the pref selected to "emulate legacy". any other ideas appreciated!

The PANTONE libraries for QX7 are xml documents. If you pop that thing open in EXCEL you can see the CMYK values •and• the Lab values associated with the color. Should be easy to edit. Sorry, I don't have access to QX6.5 as I'm writing this.

rich

Rich,

First of all I'd like to say thanks for that info. Next, I'd like to say that when I went to update to 7.3, the install failed with an error, so I called customer service and they gave me a link to a full 7.3 install. So what I'm seeing may you're not in your 7.3 "update"? Please let me know.

I copied the 'PANTONE(R) ColorBridge PC.qcl' and 'PANTONE(R) solid coated.qcl' to the desktop, and changed extension to .xls so Classic Excel could see it as Excel doc. Then opened 'PANTONE(R) ColorBridge PC.xls' in Excel and saw that the CMYK for PMS 449 was 32,36,73,77. This is correct CMYK values for color bridge 449. So then I opened 'PANTONE(R) solid coated.xls' in Excel and saw that the CMYK for PMS 449 was the same CMYK values as color bridge's CMYK values for this color. This is not correct and not same CMYK percentages as in Quark 6.5 for PMS 449. Maybe Quark did it on purpose? I don't know. But this is a second (easier) confirmation of the tests I posted before.

Can you check and see if your solid coated library when opened in Excel has the same CMYK percentages as color bridge? I consider this wrong.

Don

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back