Paper decurler machine?

atprinter

Is there any paper decurler machine I can buy?

Just having issues with the printout curling top and bottom sides, creating problem for guillotine cutter. Wondering there is stand alone machine does de-curl the paper instead of upgrading the whole printer?

Many thanks.

What press are you using? We used to run any bad curl jobs back through the machine as a blank page and it didn't register as a click and resulted in flat sheets. Only used to happen when we ran 350gsm uncoated, which the machine isn't suppose to take officially.

Is there any paper decurler machine I can buy?

Just having issues with the printout curling top and bottom sides, creating problem for guillotine cutter. Wondering there is stand alone machine does de-curl the paper instead of upgrading the whole printer?

Many thanks.

You may be able to solve your problem by switching your paper grain. Sounds like you are using short grain, which is causing your paper to curl at the top and bottom sides which is giving you problems at the cutter. If you switch to long grain, your curl should be on the left & right sides of the paper (instead of top-to-bottom). Curl will still be there, but, may be easier to cut.

Best,

-MailGuru

Thanks all.

I am using DC5065(250) printer, no decurler built-in, fine for most of the job, but seem don't like recycle stocks.

I did put back through the machine run as blank page but it curl to other side, (always curl face up direction).

Can't choose short/long grain, stocks are recycle and metallic type, have to special order them, not very common I guess, I will try ask supplier to get long grain to test.

Thanks

You may have to buy full size sheets and cut your own. Remember the grain direction is the last number in the sheet size. So 11x17 the grain runs long on the 17 inch direction.

Thanks all.

I am using DC5065(250) printer, no decurler built-in, fine for most of the job, but seem don't like recycle stocks.

I did put back through the machine run as blank page but it curl to other side, (always curl face up direction).

Can't choose short/long grain, stocks are recycle and metallic type, have to special order them, not very common I guess, I will try ask supplier to get long grain to test.

Thanks

Are you encountering the problem with card stock only? The dc5065 has rather poor registration for long grain card stock. It can be as bad as +/- 2mm. You may want to try running a lower weightage setting for the reverse side to decurl it. It should work.

Thanks, although not 100% flatten the paper, but much better now, I will try few more and see. Thanks!! :)

Are you encountering the problem with card stock only? The dc5065 has rather poor registration for long grain card stock. It can be as bad as +/- 2mm. You may want to try running a lower weightage setting for the reverse side to decurl it. It should work.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back