Pdf engine 2

WharfRat

I HEAR THERE IS AN UPDATE TO THE ENGINE 2
WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH THAT?
SHOULDN'T HEIDI INFORM ME OF THE UPDATE?
OUR CONTRACT SHOULD STILL BE UP TO DATE.
Does anyone know how I download and install the update?

MSD

the only update I know of is the new meta and signa. due out this month which is supposed to be a big update. my understanding is that they will roll out the update as soon as they can get to you. this may take upto january depending on whether you have an installation agreement or do it yourself. this is what I was told. I bet they talk about the new version at graph expo. I am hoping so. sounds like there will be a bunch of changes.

the only update I know of is the new meta and signa. due out this month which is supposed to be a big update. my understanding is that they will roll out the update as soon as they can get to you. this may take upto january depending on whether you have an installation agreement or do it yourself. this is what I was told. I bet they talk about the new version at graph expo. I am hoping so. sounds like there will be a bunch of changes.
---
I believe I have that big update to Meta and Signa
The PDF engine update (2) is an Adobe thing
and I am just wondering if Heidi has picked it up yet
for us to add on

As far as I know, PDF Print Engine 2 is not included in this big update, at least that is what my support told me about 2 weeks ago when I asked about this big update.
Not sure of the ETA.

so how do you get the update to the new meta and signa so quickly?
and whats new?
anything really cool in it?

The big update you all are talking about is it the new version of printready, version 4? Also the new PDF engine (version 2) does any other vendor have it?

Thanks

Hello to all,

I checked with my workflow colleagues and MetaDimension 7.5 is scheduled for release to the existing installed base in February 09 and will incorporate the adobe PDF Print Engine version 2.

Regards,

Mark Tonkovich
Product Manager, Ctp & Proofing

Mark,

it would be nice if heidelberg would put out a little more info on all their software. Most notibly current shipping versions of each product. this might prompt people to upgrade. the website is nice, but lacks real info. do you have a list of current versions of everything?

thanks,
rob

If you are a customer you can just call support. They can tell you any and everything you want to know. Or your local rep could help I'm sure.

Lately our Canadian support has been slacking and if it wasn't for Mark, I would have almost no insight into Heidelberg's offerings.
Mark, you are doing fantastic service to Heidelberg and I hope they do appreciate work you do for them.

Please keep us posted as much as you can.
I really like reading stuff straight from source and Heidelberg should reconsider their client strategy.
Some other vendors are having forums similar to this one dedicated to their customers where their engineers answer all kinds of questions as part of their job.

Last edited:
If you are a customer you can just call support. They can tell you any and everything you want to know. Or your local rep could help I'm sure.

I have an odd situation and I have been in contact with my rep. I have a setup with just meta and signa. then I just bought a setup with printready m. I need to transition and get the upgrades installed. but I still think it would clear everything up if they would just list the versions and what the differences are. A change log and new feature list. just me. I like to know more than I should need.
I am not complaining about heidelberg, I like their stuff. Just want more for less.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back